Overclock my Sandy (E4) to 3ghz!

I have been doing alot of searching and have been able to see that alot of people have been sucessful with overclocking this cpu. I have learnt quite a bit reading tutorials and guides on overclocking as a whole but my question is whether anyone can tell me if acheiving 3 ghz is possible with my particular ram? This seems to be the only thing I'm fuzzy on. Thanks in advance!

If you can find out the ICs used on the RAM, you can look up the settings of other users and input them and see if you have any luck.

Stepping also plays a role, as others have mentioned. Look for the stepping on top the chip; it is the second line of numbers and letters.

Both of these will impact your overclock.

i have a 600watt psu that come with my case raidmax!! the case cost be about £90 which is about $180 so its not the cheapest psu but nowhere near the best!!!

can anyone help me with my ram, i think the auto features are holding it back!! i know the normal stats but its the type of memory it used and suck like i dont know and i cant find them on anyweb site???

i have a 600watt psu that come with my case raidmax!! the case cost be about £90 which is about $180 so its not the cheapest psu but nowhere near the best!!!

can anyone help me with my ram, i think the auto features are holding it back!! i know the normal stats but its the type of memory it used and suck like i dont know and i cant find them on anyweb site???

If I understood any of that post correctly, I would look into a new PSU soon. I only found a 630W PSU here in the States, but it provides 34A - less than my 500W Antec.

As for the RAM, you could type in the model number and look it up.. with Value Select modules, though, Corsair pretty much just takes random ICs from their bucket of low-binned ICs... as far as I know Value Select modules just have the Corsair logo stamped on them (at least mine do) so I don't think you can really get the specific IC of the chip. That's why most of us pick up a set of premium RAM for usage on a board of this grade.

im going to keep the same psu for now,seems to be doing the job and not holding me back!so i will upgrade it when need be!

as for the same i am having trouble finding more info and its value ram not many people who use it overclock! i would upgrade the ram and get more but i know its only going to be a year or so till i need to upgrade again and then need new ram ie ddr2

im going to keep the same psu for now,seems to be doing the job and not holding me back!so i will upgrade it when need be!

as for the same i am having trouble finding more info and its value ram not many people who use it overclock! i would upgrade the ram and get more but i know its only going to be a year or so till i need to upgrade again and then need new ram ie ddr2

If you know you're going to be upgrading soon, just lay off the overclocking.. take it up as far as you can go (tweak it accordingly) and just leave it.

That's what I would do.