PVR Case...

dr_bowtie

Update:

I finally got time to put the Tenor together yesterday....took me about 4 hours to get it all in there with good cable layout and deciding where the placement of all the hardware should be..

Everything went pretty smooth not really much issue of any sort except for video card and heatsink for the cpu..

Parts used...

Biostar TForce 550

AM2-X2 3600 Brisbane

EVGA 7600gt (switched to PNY 6600gt)

Ultra 550watt psu

Seagate 80gig Sata drive (OS)

Seagate 160gig IDE (backups)

I had a EVGA 7600gt card in the box but the placement of the card and case structure the fan seemed to echo or seem louder than it was...

I switched it to a PNY 6600gt that has a 40mm fan modded to the heatsink (factory fan died) it's still louder than I like but the 40mm is a 4-pin and I can put it on a fan controlled header to quiet it more...

For the heatsink I used a spare Thermalright SI-97a that I had laying around. It seems to work very well but with the 90mm fan it can also be loud...

I have this same setup in my NF3-250 rig and I cannot hear it but for some reason in the Tenor case you can...

I even have the onboard fan controller running it at 1/2 speed and that helps a bunch...temps are still 15-18c at idle and hit 25-26c loaded

I had the sink so it sat over the ram to cool the ram also as I was going to overclock the rig but decided to put the whole thing in the Tenor case and scrap the clocking idea (atleast for now)but, it didnt line up correctly with the vent hole in the lid of the case. So I removed it and turned it around and it lined up much better and shaved a few degrees off my idle temps...

I may try to find a better cooling solution for the cpu but space is a issue...I dont think I can fit a Zalman 9500 in there or I would (those things are awesome)

so thats where I am at so far...I got XP loaded and some software for viewing movies (nero showtime) and I have to get the tuner card installed yet and configured the get this thing put into use...

so far so good...

Update:

I finally got time to put the Tenor together yesterday....took me about 4 hours to get it all in there with good cable layout and deciding where the placement of all the hardware should be..

Everything went pretty smooth not really much issue of any sort except for video card and heatsink for the cpu..

Parts used...

Biostar TForce 550

AM2-X2 3600 Brisbane

EVGA 7600gt (switched to PNY 6600gt)

Ultra 550watt psu

Seagate 80gig Sata drive (OS)

Seagate 160gig IDE (backups)

I had a EVGA 7600gt card in the box but the placement of the card and case structure the fan seemed to echo or seem louder than it was...

I switched it to a PNY 6600gt that has a 40mm fan modded to the heatsink (factory fan died) it's still louder than I like but the 40mm is a 4-pin and I can put it on a fan controlled header to quiet it more...

For the heatsink I used a spare Thermalright SI-97a that I had laying around. It seems to work very well but with the 90mm fan it can also be loud...

I have this same setup in my NF3-250 rig and I cannot hear it but for some reason in the Tenor case you can...

I even have the onboard fan controller running it at 1/2 speed and that helps a bunch...temps are still 15-18c at idle and hit 25-26c loaded

I had the sink so it sat over the ram to cool the ram also as I was going to overclock the rig but decided to put the whole thing in the Tenor case and scrap the clocking idea (atleast for now)but, it didnt line up correctly with the vent hole in the lid of the case. So I removed it and turned it around and it lined up much better and shaved a few degrees off my idle temps...

I may try to find a better cooling solution for the cpu but space is a issue...I dont think I can fit a Zalman 9500 in there or I would (those things are awesome)

so thats where I am at so far...I got XP loaded and some software for viewing movies (nero showtime) and I have to get the tuner card installed yet and configured the get this thing put into use...

so far so good...

Got some pics? :)

soon....;)

I am still working on the fans...I am trying to figure out the fan settings in the bios...

I wish the bios for the fan speeds was set up more like a DFI board...you set the min/max and set the rest in windows with ITE....

with this board you set everything in the bios...many reboots to get it right...

I also replaced the sink on the video card with a vc-re and it's tons better...still going to put it on a header with control...

and I still have to install the tuner card....;)