Sign in to follow this  
kiikkuja

Opteron 175 OC

The maximum voltage recommended is 1.55v for air setups... however, seeing as you are going to be running 24/7, I would go for a slightly lower voltage.

You can, though, have 1.55v if you like (and your temps are fine).. it's all up to you.

I just got a slow opty 175 yesterday. I run stable at 2.6ghz. I have tested it out a little over 2.7ghz. My 3700 sandy I replaced ran 2.8ghz for a year and it would test out at over 2.9ghz. Just my luck I guess.

I'm running on water currently...can i go higher than 1.55V?

Yep.. just remember to keep you temperatures in check.

Personally, if my temperatures were pretty good (for whatever reason), then I wouldn't hesitate to go as far as 1.65v. For day to day use, though, I would probably scale the voltage and thus the overclock down.

Whatever you feel comfortable with.

What are recommended temperatures and max temperatures for the opty series. I just got my opty 175 running stable at 2.75ghz 250fsb x 11 with memory at 1:1 2-3-3-6 and 1.5 volts on cpu. My temps can get up to 53c on the cpu and 54c on PWMIC durning a long run of prime 95 and PI at the same time. Idle cpu is 37c and pwm is 40c. During games they are around 47c to 50c.

What are recommended temperatures and max temperatures for the opty series. I just got my opty 175 running stable at 2.75ghz 250fsb x 11 with memory at 1:1 2-3-3-6 and 1.5 volts on cpu. My temps can get up to 53c on the cpu and 54c on PWMIC durning a long run of prime 95 and PI at the same time. Idle cpu is 37c and pwm is 40c. During games they are around 47c to 50c.

What kind of cooling are you using?

Just got my Opty 170 in from Newegg with a CCBBE 610 stepping and so far it blows my 175 out of the water. The 175 I had was a CCBWE stepping and couldn't run Prime stable over 2550Mhz no matter what.

optey1702900lw7.th.jpg

I've got same crap stepping kiikkuja and oc is a nightmare; a mixture of high volts & temps with a hint of low performance ;) nah...2.6GHz is OK

1.43v for 11x236 (2595MHz)

1.47v for 11x241 (2651MHz)

1.485v for 11x243 (2673MHz) - currently under dual prime testing

I've primed while working night shifts, with case door and window open, to prevent overheating parts. IRL use; gaming wont take temp this high, I hope rig stays stable.

Noticed that oc often fails when "cpu" temp gets around 45C and "Core" temp is at 55C, the lower vcore u put will probably oc better with high temps.

Using stock HSF with those fancy pipes, popped the lid off cpu and modded the plastic frame so hsf would get correct distance to cpu. Tested with Zalman 7000AlCu, it cools the PWM area, where stock hsf doesnt put any air there...60C at long load........

RAM timings with San Diego vs with Opteron aren't the same, now I need more relaxed timings for same FSB.

Havent updated sig, got same stuff exept for Opteron and 8800GTS 640MB

11x243 was only 1hr 47min stable with 1.485v

but...had few beers, running boldly 11x245, 1:1 with ram, hair off 1.5v

tired of prime....week gone, just installed 66GB games, 2GB patches...see you on the battleground hurri!

My cpu will not run with a FSB of 250 or more. Why not? My memory is ddr600 and I have no problem doing a memtest on it at 300mhz with a cpu divider of 7. The cpu seemed to be capped at around 2.75ghz 11x250. I cannot run the same 2.75ghz on 10x275. It seems no matter what I do I cannot run the fsb higher that 250. Any ideas or suggestions?