HTT drive strength Normal or strong?

In my bios i have the option to put my HTT drive strength to Strong, given my signature stats and the vast knowledge of the oh so great forum I was wondering if you could lead me in the right direction. I am considering trying this out but I want to know if this could cause damage to my Mobo. Thanks in advance.

In my bios i have the option to put my HTT drive strength to Strong, given my signature stats and the vast knowledge of the oh so great forum I was wondering if you could lead me in the right direction. I am considering trying this out but I want to know if this could cause damage to my Mobo. Thanks in advance.

Mine is at strong.. I have no problems.

The HTT speed is 1000MHz. Data on the bus can be accessed on the rising and falling edge of the waveform for an effective speed of 2000MHz.

For whatever reason A64 processors are described using the effective speed (2000MHz) and Opterons using the actual speed (1000MHz). The HTT speed for both is the same.

Seeing how it's not a setting that effects performance use whatever is necassary. I run on normal till about 270 HTT then bump up to strong.

Don't worry about keeping the HT Link speed below 2000 on the CFX3200, it will easily run 2500 and with a little work it will go 3000. Gives a couple percent performance increase but it's free..