Computer rebuild/upgrade gone downhill

I thought this would be a simple enough operation. I was upgrading my Sandy 3700+ to an Opty 165. The Zalman CPU cooler was upgraded to an SI-128. The Modstream 520 would be upgraded to a Mushkin XP-650. Finally, the two Seagate 300 GB in RAID1 would be replaced by a new configuration of two 80 GB Hitachi SATA II drives in RAID0 with one the Seagates serving as a storage drive.

The SI-128 is a big cooler and I had to move my video card down to the second PCI-X slot. I also spent several hours sleeving cables and snaking them around the tight confines of my P180 case. The XP-650 is longer than the Modstream it replaced, and that meant the lower case fan had to go. The modular power cables are pretty stiff on the XP-650 and then don't bend easily. Two of the SATA power connectors actually cracked and broke as the drive cage was slid into the case. There is not a lot of room down there.

I placed my slipstreamed XP Pro SP2 with RAID drivers in my DVDRW drive and hit the power button. Nothing happened. Despite being put on the correct header, the power button decided to quite working. So, I did what any reasonable person would do and I hit the power switch on the board. The computer fired up. I didn't hit the delete key fast enough, so it booted into Windows. It detected and installed drivers for the Hitachi's.

I shut down and restarted and got into the boot menu to have it boot from CD. That's when I ran into my next problem, only the 300 GB SATA drive was visible. I shut everything down, unhooked the data cable from the Seagate and made sure all the power and date connection were secure. I started it up again and got into the install menu. Windows just doesn't see any hard drives installed. I can't figure it out. I am ready to rip everything out and the whole build outside the case. I was hoping to avoid that considering how much time I spent sleeving and routing the wires.

Can anyone think of anything I might be missing? I really could use this computer sooner rather than later as my only other function computer is the laptop I'm currently using.

Update:

I've ripped everything apart again and have the components on a couple TV trays. I only connected the two Hitachi's and went right to the F10 menu. It saw them, so I set them for striping. Windows install saw the drives and is currently running through setup (at format right now). When I previously booted into Windows, disk management did not see the drives. I think it had something to do with the RAID settings as I had RAID enabled, but not setup via F10.

I think a lot of the problem lies in the SATA power connectors. They don't have a locking connection and slip off quite easily. I'm going to have to find a way to secure them when I reassemble everything back into the case.

After a few days of aggavationa nd frustration, the machine is up and running. I did end up using hot glue to hold the connectors on. This P180 case is pure evil.

Now comes the fun part of installing everything and getting back to normal. One of these days, I'll have to start the overclocking process.

The drives are in the lower cage. I wanted to keep the upper compartment free of obstructions to help with cooling. The XP-650 is longer than the ModSteam it replaced, plus the cables were stiff and didn't bend well. I had to make the connections outside the case, then slide the drive cage in. Each time I did that, the cables got bent and pulled off the connectors.

It's alot easier if you remove the fan.

Your PSU won't benefit from that fan, it will run nice and cool by itself.

The fan is long gone. It barely fit in there with my ModStream 520. The power cables are just stiff, so they don't bend easily.