nf4 UT Ultra D - Constant Restart on Windows Pre-Load Screen

Good Afternoon!

My problem started awhile back. I would turn on the comp and occasionally (but not always) I would get a BSOD at the Windows pre-load screen (where the logo shows up and the bar moves across the screen)and the computer would restart automatically. This with a few other problems led me to reformat. I purchased new RAM, new CPU and installed a new HD. Formatted everything and it started fine. When I installed the driver for the nf4 ultra d, I ran into the same problem at the windows pre-load screen (although this time without the BSOD). Like I said before this doesn't happen all the time.

I would really prefer that this didn't happen at all. However, once I get into Windows, it is 100% stable. Right now I have Memtest running while I am at work. I did not reset the CMOS when I reformatted. Could this be the issue? Could the driver not be happy with something else in my rig? Do I need a BIOS update?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

So it looks like (at least for now) the computer stops restarting at the pre-load screen. However because I did not install those drivers, it turns out Windows it detecting new hardware every time I restart. IT then proceeds to ask me to install drivers etc. I can cancel out, but is there a way to get rid of this? Thanks!

I was having a similar issue and checked the event viewer - my system was restarting when windows defender began to load - I uninstalled it and have had no issues since.

Worth a try if you have this s/w installed