Success/Stupid Questions

Hi all. First let me say that all of you in these rooms are the BEST!! I have recieved only the best in advice and all of you were very hip and know your stuff.

Well I got the Ultra-D built w/no problems. Got the PSU as suggested and all is well. Here goes with the stupidity: I was fooling around with nTune....stupid, I know. Does nTune actually change bios settings?? I mean actually change values?? I have uninstalled that crap, but I want to have my board back to original if it's been changed by that stupid nTune junk. But the problem is, I cannot find my original bios anywhere. If I could, I would just reflash the bios w/original and wouldn't have to ask stupid questions. From all I have read, nTune (version 2.xx???), cannot change actual bios settings. And I hope against hope this is true. I read that version 5 of nTune can change the bios if you have dynamic support for your mobo. But the version I was using was 2.xx or some crap.

Anyway, if you guys tell me that my bios is still intact, then I can breath a great sigh of releif and go back to my normal life. I love the Lanparty and now that I have it in and it's running, I plan to start a long and happy time tweaking it and playing around.

By the way, my BIOS is 4.xx (sorry I can't be more specific as the screen goes by sooooo fast and I was bleery eyed and tired when last looking at it last nite. And all the newest (last 2) bioses on DFI website are all for the SST 49LF040B chip. I believe my chip is 49FL004 (could be wrong.) But I don't want to flash if it's going to hose my rig. So please let me know if I can use the new bioses from DFI site.

Wow, I am asking alot and any help will be totally, totally appreciated.

spike

Ok, so you want to reset all the values?

Flashing will not "hose" your rig. I've done it several times, on this board and my Ultra-D...

I never used nTune, but I couldn't imagine it actually changing BIOS settings for good.

Put it this way, can you get into BIOS or not?

Possibly I wasn't clear before. If that crummy nTune didn't change anything, I'm good to go. And If I reset my bios, (pull battery change jumper, etc) will it go back to the way it was out of the box?? Or will it reset all the values to safe settings or something. Because the out of the box settings work perfectly and will be a good base line to start playing with. And as I mentioned, the newest bioses on DFI's site say in big blue letters ONLY for SST 49LF040b ONLY. So i'm afraid to use them because I'm almost certain I don't have that BIOS chip. Mine is 49FL004.

So when I said hose my rig, I meant with the bioses that are not for my chip. Not that I'm afraid of flashing in general. If I could find the EXACT bios i have (which I can't because I've looked for 2 days now), I would write over my existing bios (in case stupid nTune messed something up.), with the exact same bios to repair any nTune changes. And later down the road I may play with other bioses.

In other words, I want it back to the way it was right out of the box. If nTune didn't change anything, I'm good.

Once again....you guys are very cool. So yeah I'll probably reset bios just so my compulsive nature won't keep me up at nite thinkin about "what if....?" questions from that crazy nTune. I can't beleive I'm so stupid as to mess w/junk like that.

Thanks guys......a bunch.

Well I didn't reset BIOS because I'm pretty sure nTune didn't change anything. So all is good. Now I'm going to start playing with it. Here is what I was thinking: My buddie is running these settings on the same CPU and identical memory, although he has an Abit a8n board. Let me know what you think, and any cautions/changes, or anything at all I should know before trying it.

LDT= 4.0, FSB= 250, multiplier=11 default ram timings= 2.3.x.x.x Cpu speed equals 2.7 at these settings.

I'm not going to try this until I get feedback from you guys.

Thanks