What is the best Core 2 board?

Guest Zanthros_merged

Yup elpida ram is kinda like TCCD in the voltage department

I still have several sets of TCCD running from 2.8v to 3.1v at various speeds & timings & I never came across any PC3200 TCCD that didn't like a bit of extra voltage to get extra mhz out of them :)

Anything over 1.9v causes bookoo errors at any speed. it is capable of ddr 800 at cas 4 though and that seems to be the best performance for me. The divider up cannot get stable, even at cas 5 (247x2x2=almost ddr1000 which is no go)

This is the thread we were talking about over on dficlub http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2153 have a look at the memory section at the bottom of the page (post 8) where Raja gives some tips on how the Elpida timings work differently than the D9 he also tested maybe this will help you get some extra mhz out of your set.

Also have a word with CPDMF as he has just posted that he can get imo good results with his Elpida RAM.

I'm not convinced about the cas5 elpida being like cas4 D9. Show me the numbers. The set of elpida DDR800 in the room next to me that isn't even close to the performance that my microns are/were.

I don't personally have any Elpida based RAM of my own just because when I was buying RAM I heard more good things about D9 than any other so thats the way I went.

I personally respect & trust all of Raja's work that he does all over the place like extreme, ocz forum, bleedin edge, clubdfi, diy street etc etc & have no reason to believe that he made anything up. Raja is also sharing notes with others from DFI & OCZ so I for one take what he says with a whole load more conviction than most of the stuff I read about on the net.

Please don't take my response as 100% tested fact I was only sharing information I found & thought might help.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust Raja, he does good work on the forums. Once my OC is finalized I will be able to give alot better information. I've been through 3 different boards in the last month, an Infinity that died, a DS3 3.3 that just didn't fit my needs, and now the 680i so just as I start to get going I am starting over with a new chipset that responds completely different.

I should have a base OC database entry finished up by the end of the week, after that I will be water cooling the chipset, adding some additional/better cooling to the rest of the board and moving the CPU to phase.

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to recommend the DFI Infinity 975X/G. I have never overclocked before but after just one or two nights "tinkering" I have managed to get a E6300 upto 2.8GHz with very little effort. Ran Orthos Beta for 15 hours with no errors reported.

Regards

Paul.