Random Reboots - Now no boot at all!!

Hi All,

So heres whats happening. I bought this board on 09/28/2006. For the first month it ran just fine. No reboots, no errors, just perfect. About the 6th week I started getting random reboots. The reboots became more frequent and more frequent. Last Friday my system will no longer start. I have done nothing to this system since I built it with all new components on 09/28/2006.

I was troubleshooting it over the weekend (swaped memory slots- power supplies). But I dont have another 939 socket processor.

I have found out when the CPU power connector is not connected (with both power supplies), the unit tries and boots. Nothing will happen but the systems has power running through it. After I connect the CPU power it tries to boot for 1-2 seconds then shuts down.

I took the troubleshooting a step further and connected the cpu power and unlatched the CPU. This also results in the unit trying to boot, the system runs for as long as you want it to but with no processor. As soon as the CPU power is connected and the CPU latch is down I get the 1-2 second boot again then powered down.

Has anyone seen this before? And what is the DFI RMA policy???

I took the troubleshooting a step further and connected the cpu power and unlatched the CPU. This also results in the unit trying to boot, the system runs for as long as you want it to but with no processor. As soon as the CPU power is connected and the CPU latch is down I get the 1-2 second boot again then powered down.

Did you at any point power the CPU with the heatsink off?

Were you overclocking the CPU?

4 LEDs means it is not detecting the CPU so it may be your CPU that is damaged.