Supplies?

I used regular Cable TV line...the black stuff...I carefully cut down one side..pulled out the insides and used that. I covered the sharp edges with that...then I cut my plexy about 1 to 2 inches to big for the hole and then drilled holes and put small mechanic screws around the window to hold it in place...Woked really good and was cheap.

I may end up having to do something like that if I can't find a supplier willing to sell the rubber in bulk.

What I want to do is probably going to take 5-6' of the stuff and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $6 / foot for it.

Yeah, I'd prefer a flush install rather than something just attached via screws / rivets.

I'm spoiled I guess.....

I work in the military aviation field so I'm used to seeing "clean" solutions to projects like this and it's driving me nuts that I can't just go to the local hardware store to find exactly what I'm looking for..... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been unable to find anything local so I've got a workaround I'm going to try. I'll post back if it works.

I'm thinking that I might be able to get two different sizes of tubing (I'm thinking 1/4" and one slightly larger), split them "down one seam", and then join (I'm going to try sewing with fishing line) them together back to back.

Don't know if that's a good description of what I'm talking about, but hopefully I'll get a chance to pick some up this weekend and I'll post a pic of the final product.