Supplies?

Does anyone know were to get supplies (PlexiGlass, Sheet metal, etc...) for case mods in Canada? Preferably in the Atlantic side?

Guest Joalaielna

I just shopped at my local...Home improvement store...home depot, lowes...Not sure what you guys have up there though.

Lexan (or equivelent) is available @ the Kent store in the Mic Mac shopping center.

If I recall correctly it's around $25 for about 2' X 4' decent grade, and cheaper for lower grade.

What I've been unable to find around here is the "H" channel rubber for doing a flush mount, but I've got some feelers out so if I find some I'll drop you a PM.

Guest Joalaielna

I used regular Cable TV line...the black stuff...I carefully cut down one side..pulled out the insides and used that. I covered the sharp edges with that...then I cut my plexy about 1 to 2 inches to big for the hole and then drilled holes and put small mechanic screws around the window to hold it in place...Woked really good and was cheap.

What I've been unable to find around here is the "H" channel rubber for doing a flush mount, but I've got some feelers out so if I find some I'll drop you a PM.

most auto body &paint shops and or auto glass shops carry every kind of H rubber made

I've been calling around everywhere in the city and haven't had any luck yet.

I found a place in the US that sells window kits with 3' of the rubber seal for $4 US..... I've sent them an e-mail to see if they'll ship to canada, and if they'd be willing to send just the rubber seal (longer if possible) at the same price to save me on shipping.

I can't believe how hard it's been to find this stuff.....