Looking for a Bios Tester

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tmod

Will you add this bios/further more to your great flash/utillity CD?

Thanks!

Gipse

Yep sure will.

I will be messing around a bit more as time allows with a couple different things as well.

Tmod

Ok looking for a new tester that wants to try out the 704-2BTA with the new MemTest 1.70 in it as well as the Nvidia Raid bios 5.60 and the SI bios 5314.

He/She will need to have a Raid array on their system preferably the Nvidia raid.

I also disabled the full screen logo by default.

Keep in mind that trying this it may not recognize the drives in the array.

Flashing back to the original 704-2BTA should get you back up and running.

Disclaimer: I can not make any guarantee's that you will not run into any problems while trying this (There that should have scared a few).

Please post here if you are willing to try it.

Tmod

I am looking for someone that has a NF4 LanParty board not Expert or Venus either.

They would also need to have a bios savior or a spare flashed chip.

I put MemTest into the 704-2BTA bios and need someone to check it out for me.

You will not get a super prize or anything but a Thank You from me for trying this.

Anyway if you are interested please post here and let me know.

And Playah don't bother posting. :D

Tmod

I would like also ;) :angel:

my new bios

nv4, expert, venus

new SiI3114 5.3.15a

new memtest 1.70

new memory tbl

new nvmm mod

new nvraid ???

new ...

new ...

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't mind trying that new 704-BTA bios as long as you can help me assure I'll be able to reflash back to current just in case my array seems lost. I don't know diddly about how to mod a "bios package" with whatever raid bios should be in it or not, so guide me well.

Currently on latest official bios (April 2006) my system wont even POST while my OCZ5002048ELGE-K mem are sitting in slots 2 and 4 (orange and lower most slots). SERIOUSLY! - I've tried anything, it wont even post, so if the board aint bad due to some weird quirk I somehow didn't stumble upon, I'll have to rely on using the yellow slots if the new bios wont fix that particular problem - and the problem that got me to check the orange slots is that they'll under no circumstances do past 244MHz in the yellow slots. Haven't tried 2T since that really does me no good.

I'll test it/them, but don't have a spare chip.

he have ask for a orginal DFI nf4 rig, ive seen that you have a nf5 .. just to make it clear..

and trying a od bios without a spre chip can make your computer to no boot

better wait until someone tested it be4 trying it.most of the Hardcore OCer have a bios savior or a couple of spare chip