Sign in to follow this  
Devil 07

A bug in Prime95?

Here is the screen shot that initially freaked me out. Notice it was in the wee hours of the morning,and as I'd been up all night, you can magnify my feeling of dread x10 when I saw the discrepancy in the times.

Pic is a bit small I'll try and re-size it.

Never mind. I have to pay to upload bigger pics.

Anyway, I hope I didn't piss on the proverbial "hornets nest" with this one and cast a shadow of doubt around any of my potential OCDB entries, as I have none yet. I just didn't feel comfortable entering data into a system without first knowing how the system would react to false data.

damn that computer is rock stable 8884 hrs of prime :D

LOL i think orthos is now the way to go. since to many ppl knows that bug

hope mod change the rule in the OCDB section.

That's a shame though. I might (might) do that if I'd run Prime for eight hours already and for whatever reason happened to lose the window before I had a chance to screenshoot it. But to make it look as though your 5.8 GHz overclock is stable is just low. And you're not just cheating yourself, but anyone who looks at your overclock and takes advice based on it.

And you're not just cheating yourself, but anyone who looks at your overclock and takes advice based on it.

This is exactly why I posted this. I've never owned a DFI board before this one and its been really interesting playing with all the different settings. Without the help of the info in the OCDB and SSDB I'd probably still be trying to get the dang thing stable.

Huh....Orthos is now the requirement? Great I have my OCDB entries done with Prime95 and snap shots saved to disk. So this means that I cant enter them am I understanding this right?

You are correct sir. I am in the same boat, I need to redo my screen shots for my entry. Guess this means I'm gonna try for more if I have to redo them.

Brother and Devil are correct of course.

SP2004 or Orthos depending on number of Cores.

Remember Johnny Lee's programs will display sensor readings from MBM5 :)

For the record I thought Prime95 was tougher than this and why have we made the switch is this more of a rigorous test than Prime?

Please Explain the Motive behind the switch

Just for the Record also Sh...t and double sh...t I have 3 OCDB rady to be posted and one is for 2980MHZ

They way I heard it Angry, Ex and ThunDA were all at the bar all snockered up and thinkin' up unique ways to make members crazy.

Someone mentioned that you had 3 OCDB entries all set to post.

The rest is history. :D

Technodanvan said he almost called the Paramedics cause he thought THunDA was going into convulsions he was laughing so hard.

Seriously my Brother, the reason is - CAUSE THEM's THE RULES :)

(Gives you a chance to do a 24 hour run this way)

For the record I thought Prime95 was tougher than this and why have we made the switch is this more of a rigorous test than Prime?

all SP2004 and Orthos are are graphical interfaces for Prime95's source code

there is nothing different in the actual testing ability of the programs. Johnny Lee merely put a GUI on Prime95, and automated some of the features (like Orthos being for dual-core cpu's by default).

Rules are rules. I apologize to anyone that had them all done up with prime95 screens, but 8 hours is a very short time (while you are sleeping for instance) to re-run the benchmarks.

Well I was almost ready to post a 3G entry when I realized CPU-Z said 2999MHz. Its a good thing I'm used to running these test over and over.