Power connectors question

I have a question about how many of the 4 pin power connectors need to be attached. The 24 pin connector is plugged in along with a single 4 pin connector. It states in the manual that attaching an 8 pin connector is preferable. Is this the same as using two of the 4 pin connectors?

Guest LookBackX2

The Title line to my post should describe what is available to plug into the main power plugs on your Mobo, as long as your PS is built to supply 8 pin cpu power.

I am fairly confident that you have it right. Just plug the 20+4 pin connector into the 24pin plug on the Mobo. Next to it is the 8pin plug. Attach the remaining two 4pin plugs from your PS there. Jic verify that the two 4pin plugs you are using for the 8pin are on the same rail in your PS. If not you may have used the wrong one in conjunction with the 20 pin main power. simply unplug them and swap. Done.

Hope this helps

I looked at the diagram in the owners manual. It shows 12v available to 4 connectors on the same side, yellow wires, & the 4 backside wires as grounds, black wires. I then used a multi-meter to confirm the output from the 2 connectors. So, yes, the (2) 4 pin connectors equal one 8 pin connector.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same head scratching problem when I installed mine. Finally decided that it had to be that way and installed the 2 four pin connectors in the 8 pin outlet. The manual is real obsure...it says to use either an 8 pin connector and if you don't have one just to use one 4 pin in the top of cn9 outlet.

I have quite a high-end (well it was in the recommended list) PSU - an XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W. This only has a 4-pin plug in it however, which I am using in the top half of the plug. Will this cause any stability issues?

I ran everything in my sig on an Antec 500W PSU while I waited for the Corsair, with no hitches. 'Cept the CPU I was using was a Sandy 3700..