Hey...People Check this out German Made Water CPU Heatdsink

Brother Esau

I replied your PM :)

Low-cost WC and average cooling + high operating noise...

Don´t expect too much.

I will have a look at this cooler during CeBIT in March.

Gipse

Ditto on that one

Basically for n00bs who want H2O cooling w/o the "hassle"

Should offer somewhat better performance than air and slightly less noise; but certainly not nearly as good as my DangerDen/Swiftech rig (see sig)

@ Brother Esau,

p.s. I was raised bilingually and fluently speak German

I steer clear of prefab units and most DIY kits as they're generally sub-par.

IMO better pay a little more and be sure you're getting quality components; rather than being stuck with a lemon.

@ Gipse,

Sure is good to be back on the Street.

Self-contained water. That kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I thought the main reason it can cool so well is because it can utilize radiators much larger than what can be fit on the CPU mount.

The benefits of H2O cooling are not as much due to the size of the radiator; but rather in the cooling process itself. With either process you can only remove as much heat as is emitted by the CPU. I.E. if your Rad can extract 350W/hr from the H2O, but your CPU only dumps in 150W/hr; the the rad will only remove 150W/hr.

The main problem with a standard heat-sink is that the heat has to be conducted through a mass before getting to the fins. The H2O process has very little mass for the heat to pass through before going to the fins because the H2O absorbs the heat and is circulated to the RAD; in effect acting as though the fins were attached directly to the CPU, resulting in a lower interface temperature. This really comes into play when OCing because the temp of the entering H2O is always the same (unless the Rad is overloaded) allowing more heat to be removed from the CPU w/o a significant increase in the interface (CPU) temp.

Note: a temp difference between the CPU and the H2O is necessary for heat-transfer to occur; but this delta_T doesn't really change much with increasing heat loads. I've observed full load CPU temps of ~40C in my rig with the FSB ranging from 210-245 that temp has always remained the same.

In some ways this is similar to the heat-pipe effect/process.

The significant benefit from DIY H2O rigs is the ability to cool all the major heat sources at once; and thus dramatically reducing fan noise.

The benefits of H2O cooling are not as much due to the size of the radiator; but rather in the cooling process itself. With either process you can only remove as much heat as is emitted by the CPU. I.E. if your Rad can extract 350W/hr from the H2O, but your CPU only dumps in 150W/hr; the the rad will only remove 150W/hr.

The main problem with a standard heat-sink is that the heat has to be conducted through a mass before getting to the fins. The H2O process has very little mass for the heat to pass through before going to the fins because the H2O absorbs the heat and is circulated to the RAD; in effect acting as though the fins were attached directly to the CPU, resulting in a lower interface temperature. This really comes into play when OCing because the temp of the entering H2O is always the same (unless the Rad is overloaded) allowing more heat to be removed from the CPU w/o a significant increase in the interface (CPU) temp.

Note: a temp difference between the CPU and the H2O is necessary for heat-transfer to occur; but this delta_T doesn't really change much with increasing heat loads. I've observed full load CPU temps of ~40C in my rig with the FSB ranging from 210-245 that temp has always remained the same.

In some ways this is similar to the heat-pipe effect/process.

The significant benefit from DIY H2O rigs is the ability to cool all the major heat sources at once; and thus dramatically reducing fan noise.

BINGO!

There is not much point having the rad on top of the heat sink- really heat pipes are actually better at removing heat if done right. There is actually a water block that uses a heat pipe inside a block so it can be carried away to a rad and it works better than similar blocks. The less surface area available the louder the fan needs to be to move more air over a given area or through more resistance. Dot forget you need to get rid of the heat from the Pump too. I have a thermal right Ultra and high end cooling- the main difference noise. You could not hear the rig when it is on water from a step away the Ultra needed a pan flow 120M(medium speed) on med to full full to get the same kind of speeds.