PowerColor X1950 PRO video card

getterflash

I went over to the dark side and purchased a PowerColor X1950 PRO 256MB AGP graphics card. I was pleased to see somebody had finally released a high performance graphics card in AGP form.

Anyway, this card is big, if you go this route make sure you have the room in your case. I had to move the hard drives to make room in front of the card, it is 1" longer than the eVGA 6800GT it replaced. Also, the GPU heatsink hits the chipset fan and prevents the card from going into the AGP slot. I simply removed the chipset fan (not the heatsink), the exhaust from the GPU fan blows on it and keeps it cool. My Antec case was wide enough so the top of the cooler fit easily inside the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro which had some strange problems.

I am particularly interested in comment Webdev511 made about dual core and the X1950 Pro card. What were the issues which you have seen with the NF3 Chipset and this Graphics Card?

I had problem whereby my machine would not reboot but would always bootup from cold.

My card finally died so I had to return it and opted for a 7600GS instead which serves me fine.