Sign in to follow this  
Flybye

Unreal Tournament 2004 & 2007

$40? :confused:

all 4 (I say right now because one is black, which I will use for my workbench) were given to me by various people, all with the same problem (burned out inverters)... each inverter cost me $39.95 on ebay and shipping was always free... so essentially, I got for 18.3" Flat Panel monitors for $160 :nod: now THAT'S how you ROCK ON :cool:

You damn electricians and your sorcery :P

lol i'm just a lowly computer tech with 13 years experience... I tackled the inverter problem after 5 minutes of research and a prayer that the problem i was experiencing was the same problem everyone else seemed to be having... once i got the part in, it literally took about 10 minutes to disassemble the monitor, pull out the old inverter, pop in the new one, and close it up again... 10 minutes per monitor... that was it :) no soldering required, just screws and pullin cables out :nod:

I got to Admit, I still play UT2004. In fact, a confession. I could only really play it in 2006 even though I bought it shortly after it was released. At the time my system couldn't handle it so I put it on the shelf. When I got my new rig I pulled it down and started playing again.

Worse still, me and a friend decided to have a game of the original UT not so long ago. How things have progressed.

UT definately has a unique feel to it in the freedom and sheer speed you can move around.

I can't wait for UT2007 whenever it may be released. I just hope my aging system will cope..... better get that shelf ready again.