A8r32-mvp Crossfire

looking at asus a8r32-mvp crosssfire to replace my dfi cfx3200 crossfire

from what im told it work alot better,has bigger bios rom and asus seesm to have fixed some of the issues like freezinf,reboots and cold boots the the cfx3200 has

only looking at what i can get in 939 socket as will upgrade to new amd am3 cpu at end of year when it comes out

till then only looking for crossfire setup in 939

can only get either asus mobos

A8R32-MVP

A8R-MVP

50 euros difference

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the asus a8r-mvp myself, the older of the two. i hav to say it was the worst mobo ive ever owned. it could only o/c stabilly like 50fsb, and they said it was desinged for o/cers :tooth: :mad: .

also my last board was the dfi3200dr, for me i had no problems at all. it o/ced the same opty144 i was using in the asus board, like 115fsb extra stable, insted of the 50 on the asus. if eneything the 3200dr was for me the best mobo ive owned.

i much prefured it to my current 975xg. im not trying to slate my 975 as she o/c's like hell, but lanpartys are so well polished.

so my advice is, unless ure upgrading ure cpu, its not worth changing from ure current mobo

that harsh man, its got to be sumthing to do with ure board then, as im not amazing good or nothing like that. as my asus mvp was my first o/cing board & the 3200dr was my second. all my previous pc's were prebuilt, so no o/cing in bios. i did used to buy new ram , gpu's etc though just didnt o/c.

also i was running raid 0 the whole time i had the 3200dr and never had eney of those errors people were experincing. lots of the people who were, i would class as far ahead of me with computers too.

that why i think its just a very large bad batch of 3200's, has to be.

only thing i know is my cfx3200 is earlier version ,have tryed every trick in the book

the freezing is a regular thing with it

could happen 5 times before it settles down

so that why looking at the asus a8r32-mvp

All it will ever do is freeze or give you problems. My suggestion is to look at the Abit Crossfire board or the Asus Crossfire board (make sure it does not use the ULI chipset!)

I think we'll be looking at an AM2 version of the Crossfire stuff at some point, but in the meantime, its ok once in a while to be a pioneer and be first on the scene lol.

want to get a 939 crossfire version for now till amd release its new cpu maybe end of year

the asus a8r-mvp doesnt use the uli

where the a8r32-mvp does

ah then you've done more homework than me (you'll have to forgive me, I've lived in DFI realm for 4+ years, I'm just waking up to the real world so I'm not on top of every other mfg's boards yet lol)

Try the Asus. We'd like to see it too!

ah then you've done more homework than me (you'll have to forgive me, I've lived in DFI realm for 4+ years, I'm just waking up to the real world so I'm not on top of every other mfg's boards yet lol)

Try the Asus. We'd like to see it too!

not a prob, i didnt know much about trouble with cfx3200 till i joined here

which one

the a8r32-mvp with the uli or older one

only thing i know is the asus based on same chips as dfi cfx3200 correct alot of its probs with bios update as it has 8mb rom compared to dfi cfx3200 with 4mb rom

i had the A8R32 before my CFX3200, great mobo. BIOS isn't as open as dfi's but that may suit your needs. i was able to get a 350HTT on it, but the passive HS on the NB was hot. i was stable at 2.8gHz with that board, can't seem to hit it with the CFX3200...

I have been investigating the Asus 3200 board too and it seems they have fixed most issues with the 0602 bios. I was looking at the ABit 3200 also but with one less PCI slot and some of the SATA II ports may be blocked by long graphics cards with big coolers Asus's layout is a little better in that regard, plus black PCB. The abit seems to have some issue going over 300 easily and I loves to OC so I want a little more headroom. Also Asus seems to keep up on there bios releases and drivers a little better than Abit from what I have read over in there company Forums.:tooth: