ULI chipsets

I have ASROCK 939 Dual Sata-2, 939 Dual VSTA and abit UL8 boards all with Uli chipsets. The two ASRocks have 1695 chipsets, AGP and PCI-E X16 video card slots a reasonable BIOS for a value board, with god overclocking ability up till you really need voltage to help. You can mod them to help with that (I haven't, they are on 24/7 and I'm on air cooling anyway) they do have PCI locks

The UL8 is also a 939 board with a single AGP slot and a ULI1689 chipset. It will overclock if you are creative, there is no PCI lock on this chipset

If you had or have questions, I have done about everything wrong with these boards... I might be able to help

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ASROCK 939 Dual Sata-2, 939 Dual VSTA and abit UL8 boards all with Uli chipsets. The two ASRocks have 1695 chipsets, AGP and PCI-E X16 video card slots a reasonable BIOS for a value board, with god overclocking ability up till you really need voltage to help. You can mod them to help with that (I haven't, they are on 24/7 and I'm on air cooling anyway) they do have PCI locks

The UL8 is also a 939 board with a single AGP slot and a ULI1689 chipset. It will overclock if you are creative, there is no PCI lock on this chipset

If you had or have questions, I have done about everything wrong with these boards... I might be able to help

if you can, check out the SSDB and OCDB section and drop your boards in there so others will see that they are stable and how to make them stable (and overclock if applicable).

We'll be checking out some ASRock boards soon as I've always wanted to toy with them...they are such weird designs sometimes (AGP + PCI-E and 754 + 939 or something on the same board lol)

Sure will and I can make both of these models to AM2 also should I want... (Why?) they have a daughterboard or expansionboard that fits into the mainboard it has the Dimm slots for DDR2 and the socket for AM2 and it work fine, but like I said ...Why?

Guest Radiohead

These are defintely very nice boards. Depending on your RAM you can push the fairly hard 1:1 with the CPU. They have somewhat limiting RAM options for an enthusiasts board 400, 333, 266 and 200 useing the dividers. I do wish it had a 180mhz option like the DFIs though.

Guest Radiohead

Ebay if you're lucky. Funny thing is they met with quite a bit of resistance when first hitting the market. Not sure if it was the name or what but they didn't generate much interest till folks found out two things. They overclock like a dream rock stable and they run both PCI-E and AGP cards equally well. I kninda liken them to famous artists, never famous till they're dead.

I ran an asrock dual sata-2 before switching to an expert. That thing sucked, ran fine for a couple of months then it spaz'd out and refused to run 1000 HTT with my x2 38+. It kept dropping it to 800 on auto, and if u forced it into 1000 the system would lock up after a few minutes.

I have an Asrock 939 dual Data and its still okay at over a year now.

It is rock solid at 2.8 ghz on a venice 3000+. I could even bench it at 345 x 9 or 3.1 ghz

and still surf, listen to music or screen capture.

capture3453rz.th.jpg

i had one like a week ago! i has the asrock dual sata-2 gread board as i had a agp card but new i wasnt going to have it for ever!! and then i changed to pci ex no problems, easy to overclock i have a amd 3700sandy and overclock it to 2.85 stable! the 1.4v-core was holding the card back i can now get 3.somthing!!! but my ram did work better!! cost me £45 a year ago and just sold it for £38 so i was happy!!! the fact it has a sata2 support also helped!!!