FX-55 Issues

TheHeXx

Hey Guys,

I'm having a lot of issues pushing my FX-55 to 3GHZ. I think the problem is coming from memory but I can't be too sure. Here are my stats:

Kingston HyperX 3200 Dual 1GB

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

FX-55

Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W

Ok, what is really confusing the hell out of me is that in my old socket A rig, the memory would post at 210 FSB and run stable no problem. The moment I try to run 210 times 14 or 14.5 multi (or anything) it will blue screen, or not even boot.

I'm running at a 1:1 fsb, I would like to try to avoid using dividers. I'm running at the stock timings, 2-3-2-6, but I have loosened them to no avail. I've also changed up the voltage from it's stock at 2.7 all the way to about 3.0 but this has had no impact either. Is there something I am missing here? I really want to break this 3GHZ barrier and it makes no sense that I cannot raise the FSB even by 2 without a crash.

I know I have not provided exact bios specifics regarding what is on and what isnt but I figure we can sort that out with this problem.

(BTW, i tried switching from orange--->yellow and that was a nightmare)

Hey Guys,

I'm having a lot of issues pushing my FX-55 to 3GHZ. I think the problem is coming from memory but I can't be too sure. Here are my stats:

Kingston HyperX 3200 Dual 1GB

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

FX-55

Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W

Ok, what is really confusing the hell out of me is that in my old socket A rig, the memory would post at 210 FSB and run stable no problem. The moment I try to run 210 times 14 or 14.5 multi (or anything) it will blue screen, or not even boot.

I'm running at a 1:1 fsb, I would like to try to avoid using dividers. I'm running at the stock timings, 2-3-2-6, but I have loosened them to no avail. I've also changed up the voltage from it's stock at 2.7 all the way to about 3.0 but this has had no impact either. Is there something I am missing here? I really want to break this 3GHZ barrier and it makes no sense that I cannot raise the FSB even by 2 without a crash.

I know I have not provided exact bios specifics regarding what is on and what isnt but I figure we can sort that out with this problem.

(BTW, i tried switching from orange--->yellow and that was a nightmare)

Two things: avoid using .5 multipliers, stick with integer multipliers. And try the divider; dividers have no penalty attached to them.