eVGA 680i motherboard

Guest ElAguila_merged

I just recently purchased another 680i for a customer and had no troubles with it running raid 0. The motherboard overall was stable and ran pretty good compared to my 680i I originally bough RMA got me a new one that runs great.
Yeah, I am having zero problems with my -A1 rev board. I have heard that higher than normal MCP temps are killing (or hurting) some boards.

You really need to run a different cooler on the MCP if you plan on overclocking. I've got the HR-05 + SLI as stated above and it was key in getting my FSB over 500MHz.

Anyone with 680i questions can feel free to drop me a PM (or preferrably, and email through my avatar link). I've played with BIOS' P23-P26, as well as tweaked pretty much all the BIOS settings and run subsequent benchmarks with my 8800GTS, so I have good reference data to pull from. There are also a TON of other threads over on XS and H that are totally dedicated to the EVGA 680i, and would be worth taking a look at.

I still believe that the EVGA represents the best overall value in 680i, and my experience has been that compared to the other 680i boards, it's either matching or exceeding it's competitors.

Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple that with power savings of c1e/speedstep and you have a nice energy efficient pc, (something we ignore at times, I come back to stock for everyday browsing etc, no need for the extra consumption for nothing, cmos reloaded is great for that and all boards that oc should have the function imo from a greener planet angle). My nephew is working on putting together low cost servers with semprons for ultra low power draw, a great step forwards for government agencies where low power consumption is embraced as long as performance is adequate for the task at hand..

regards

Raja

Raju, do I read into this statement that you have the C1E function enabled even when you are overclocking? I've read many of your posts with great interest and it's apparent that you are really knowledgeable on the socket 775 platform, but I always thought that C1E plus overclocking was a no-no.

Can you clarify whether you recommend or not when you're overclocking?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this motherboard was perfect but I've discoverd one flaw, when I OC (above 2.6GHz or so) my mouse becomes very unstable, jumping everywhere from time to time, acting like I've pressed any button when I haven't. I'm using a MX1000 and a USB->PS2 converter. Still on shipping BIOS but with the SATA problem quickfix. Noticed that it becomes even worse when playing games (as opposed to browsing the web, etc) sometimes 3/4 of my crosshairs disappears and other strange mouse related things. And I can really trace the amount of problems to how high my OC is. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I thought this motherboard was perfect but I've discoverd one flaw, when I OC (above 2.6GHz or so) my mouse becomes very unstable, jumping everywhere from time to time, acting like I've pressed any button when I haven't. I'm using a MX1000 and a USB->PS2 converter. Still on shipping BIOS but with the SATA problem quickfix. Noticed that it becomes even worse when playing games (as opposed to browsing the web, etc) sometimes 3/4 of my crosshairs disappears and other strange mouse related things. And I can really trace the amount of problems to how high my OC is. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Dont think there is a fix to this problem. Use the keyboard in a USB port and see if that helps. Heres a post bout this problem on the EVGA site -

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard...?TOPIC_ID=22501

P.S upgrade your BIOS. The P27 BIOS is out now.