Help to get my Rig Stable.

Hello,

I hope this in the right section. I have tried a few things to get my computer to run stable. I just cannot seem to find out what the problem is. I am thinking it is my ram settings. I am using 8-4-4-3 . If you see anything about my equipment that might be the problem please let me know. I just am wondering it I just need to keep tweaking it or is it something in my hardware config. I thought I had it stable where it is at but it started rebooting during game play. It always runs fine til the graphics card has been up and running for awhile. I know with the amount of information I am giving you it might be tough but I just want a place to start and work from. Let me know what other information that might be needed .

Thanks,

Chet

Hello,

Thanks for shooting me some replys so fast. Here are my timings according to A64 Twearker :

CAS Latency (Tcl) 3.0

Row Cycle Time (Trc) 14

Row Refresh Cycle Time (trfc) 16

RAS to CAS Delay (Trcd) 4

RAS to RAS Delay (Rrrd) 2

Min RAS Active Time (Tras) 8

Row Precharge Time (Trp) 4

Write Recover Time (Twr) 3

Write to Read Delay Time (Twtr)2

Read to Write Delay Time (Trtw)4

Refresh Rate (Tref) 200 Mhz

Read Write Queue Bypass 16x

Controller Mode 128bit

2T Disable

Bypass Max 7x

Max Async Latency 8ns

Read preamble 6.0ns

Idle Cycle limit 256 clks

Dynamic idel cycel counter disable

MEMCLK frequency 200

My video card temps seem to be around 70 to 80.

If you need more information or this is not what you need please let me know.

Thanks,

Chet

Guest laydback

70-80 might be pushing it. You may want to download Rivatuner and force the fan speeds to 100% and maybe try and improve the airflow in your case.

Laydback,

Thanks for trying to help me out. I would really like to get this rig stable at anything above stock speeds. I will give what you said a try and if that does not help ..I might try different coolers on the video card. So you think that my timings for the ram are ok and probably not the problem?

Thanks Very much,

Chet

Chet,

I got to ask what volt's are you running in your RAM?

ALL 4 power connector’s plugged into the motherboard?

What are the CPU and Chipset temperatures at on load?

Searching the Stock Speed Database (SSDB) and Overclocking Database (OCDB). See what others use for memory timings and take note of the BIOS versions.

A big help to yourself would be getting a 939 OCDB template from this link. You can use it to post and keep track of all your genie BIOS settings. It will really help.

Record your current settings clear the CMOS, load defaults then your timings. Perhaps something is a stray in the BIOS and a clear is in order.