Sign in to follow this  
wamason

Having Problems Detecting Cpu Temp

Got another question for everyone...

I'm using a Biostar M7VIT Pro Motherboard, and I can't find any software that will detect my CPU temp correctly except one program. The program is AIDA, which identifies hardware and software, but it has one area under the motherboard category that gives you a CPU temp. This temp matches my Bios Health Status temp exactly, but if I try FanSpeed, or MBM, or some of the other more popular packages, they usually give me a negative number (-48c). One gives me 120c.

Any suggestions on Freeware temp monitors that might actually work?

BTW, WarpSpeeder doesn't work. Anyone who owns a newer Biostar will know what I'm talking about.

Well....my problem in MBM is that it doesn't list my motherboard model when you try to set it up. I've tried all of the other Biostar models, but none work correctly, and I've downloaded the latest update, and nothing works correctly.

I've tried the latest version, and I havent seen an option to select default settings, but then again I'm great at overlooking things that are directly in front of me, so I'll try again. Thanks!

BTW, WarpSpeeder doesn't work. Anyone who owns a newer Biostar will know what I'm talking about.

I got a Biostar P4TSV packaged with this new do-up box I bought. (I am not very impressed with the 3 PCI slots - but other than that it is fine.) But I have got my warpspeeder to work. It is a bit iffy somtimes, giving error messages like "...thread error, access is denied" etc, but I did finally get the utility working correctly and apart from the childish skin it has, it does a fairly good job. (-when it does work.)

It has a max clock test where it mutlitasks several demanding CPU operations until it hangs and then reboots the system for you with the settings of the last successful trial. The hardware monitor seems to be working as well and is in close proximity to my CPU sensor on my hardcano, so no issues there.

I do wonder what takes precedent when you clock the CPU in the bios and in warpspeeder, though. I brought my clock speed up about 10% in the bios, loaded up windows + warpspeeder and saw that the increase had not been detected in the software.

I am going to go play around with the utility a bit more and will send back if I figure anything out.

-tsamb.