Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

The Big Giant Power Supply Thread

Could you all consider adding the Enermax Infiniti to the approved list. It is a fantastic supply with low low ripple, super stable voltages, quiet, good looks and quality build, SLI/Crossfire, and very temperature tolerant (40 d C rated).

Here are two reviews of it:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=102

(That is MY ACTUAL supply that was tested there)

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/power-s...nfiniti-720w/1/

Originally I was going to buy a refurbished PCP&C Silencer Quad 750 but I was "talked" out of it, heh. Yes, a VERY good supply indeed, but what I did get, here, is awesome too.

There has been one person on newegg complaining about issues with modern breakers on new constructions homes, but Enermax says they have tested and don't see the problem, so I don't know where the issue has landed. The guy is complaining about Arc Fault protection tripping from this supply, but I have not seen any other comments on it and I don't have that at this house, so I cannot test for it.

The only drawbacks on this supply are:

There are 3 PCI-Express connectors, but just one is 6/8 pin, the other two are 6 pin.

The cabling is shorter than it should be.

The power cable is too short.

The sleeving isn't all the way.

Natrually, I am not pushing this supply hard, but it WAS tested really hard, so...

It has some cool features such as a signal LED and beeper, fan cool down power off mode, brushed metal case, clear fan that is 135mm and very quiet, carefully labeled wires for safety, other things as well.

Ripple was less than 50mV at hard full+ load on the +12VDC rails which is quite good.

In a hot box the rails hardly budged (though he had to use cable extensions, so readings were affected).

I don't know what it is about the Liberty, and yeah, I just got this, but so far I am loving it.

As someone who is currently shopping for a new psu, this is the most useful and informative thread i have ever seen. Keep up the great work. I am new to this site, but i read everyday now and I love it!

I'm confused.....

Is this a good psu or not?

HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V 580W Power Supply

(personally tested by Happy_Games. No 8-pin EPS connector so not recommended for any board with the 8-pin EPS connect. Works most excellent in any other system. Not recommended for high-end Crossfire/SLI but will handle any overclocked system with any single high-end video card, or any mid-range to low-end SLI *7600, 6600, X1600 Xfire, etc*)

Then I read this:

be especially careful to make sure that the +12V rail(s) offer a

Minimum of [email protected] for Single Video Card Systems & [email protected] for Dual Video Card (SLI) Systems.

So i look at the specs for the hiper and 12v1 is 20A and 12v2 is 18A.

i am confused on if this PSU is worth it or not

I second Septum's question....

It seems to be working alright for mine, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have a lot of drives. I'm considering a possibility that it might have fried one of them.

I'm looking at the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Powersupply. Will this powersupply power my rig ( in sig ) & is it a reliable/Exellent quality PSU :confused:

I have had an Ultra 600 WATT power supply and not had a single problem. It has been a great power supply for me. It is just like any manufacturer out there sometimes you can get a bad batch. I have seen even the top rated equipment go south.

My Venus has been running strong and also not had a single problem with it. Done some minor over clocking but plan to push it even further.

Please see my rig in the Sig:)

Looking for opinions please. I will not be upgrading for quit awhile. Will the Corsair HX-620 get it done? Or should I get the OCZ gamersxtream 700W?

Please point me in the right direction. Will be Ocing the gpu's once I get it up and running as well. Opinions are needed please....Let me know if more info is needed..Thanks

I'm looking at the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Powersupply. Will this powersupply power my rig ( in sig ) & is it a reliable/Exellent quality PSU :confused:

Hey RD.

I'm considering the same unit as an upgrade to my rig. I believe it is an excellent choice for any high end rig. Whoever buys one first, lets keep the other posted. The majority of pay for reviews and even reviews at the Egg indicate it is a very solid power supply.

Thanks.

Hey RD.I'm considering the same unit as an upgrade to my rig. Thanks.

I disided to go with the Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W PSU ( thx Angray_Games & Yellowbeard :cool: ) Form what I've read & they told me it a lot more quite + it modular :cool:

Any thoughts on the new Seasonic S12II line of PSUs (see http://www.seasonicusa.com/S12II.htm)?? There's only one PCI-Express 6+2 (8-pin) connector, but for non-SLI rigs, it won't matter.

I recognize 500W is toward (but not on) the lower end, but given what I'm running (stable and solid for nearly 3 yrs) on an S12-500, I thought I'd ask. See sig below...

Is there going to be an update to this or the original recommended PSU list?

The last update was 20-Oct-2006 (over a year ago) and is in serious need of revision to account for the power requirements of current hardware (particularly graphics cards).