New Temps

wamason

Hello everyone, I'm posting my CPU temps to see how they stack up against the norm.

I posted a few days ago, asking about using dual fans on a CPU cooler. Since then I've completelly rebuilt my PC (just disassembled and reassembled), and I'm getting decent temps now.

My CPU idle temperature is 36 degrees Celsius, and the load temp after running 3DMark2003 for twenty four hours straight with no break is 42 degrees Celsius.

Personally I think those are wonderful temps, but what do you guys think?

Below are my specs:

AthlonXP 2100 Model 8 (Thoroughbred)

Biostar M7VIT Pro MB w/ VIA KT-400 Chipset (just sent a Soyo Dragon Ultra KT-333 in for repair)

1GB Kingston DDR333 RAM

XFX GeForce 4 4600 Ti GPU

Onboard Audio & LAN

Two 80GB Western Digital 8mb Caviar Ultra ATA 100 HDD's

Lite-On 52x32x52 CDRW

Ahanix Platinum XP Case w/ 4 80mm fans & 2 120mm fans (And no, it does not sound like a vacuum cleaner)

Well, I've heard alot of people criticize the Thermaltake Volcano 7 (not the "Plus" model), but I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. It cools like a champ, and in my eyes its gargantuan! Something else I did to help with cooling is modify my power supply. I purchased an X-Case dual fan power supply, installed a better heatsink, and replaced both fans. I've found that power supply fans are made cheaply, and you can guy a $5.00 80mm case fan off the net that will perform much better, and it's a small matter of crimping or soldering. Took about ten minutes total. It really improves airflow, as well as I have a ton of wires inside the ppower supply, most of them are the actual power wires that power components. If you can wrap those or even use electrical tape, it'll help with air flow through the power supply.

The last thing I did was to wrap all of my power wires inside the case. I used split-loom tubing, and then wrapped it with electrical tape (the high quality stuff). If you spend some time on it, you can make it look really nice even though you're only using split-loom and electrical tape. My next step was to make a large vent (hole) in the top of my power supply, and then I cut the top of my case for a 80mm exhaust fan on top of the power supply. I installed a 120mm fan in the front of the case (it comes with an 80mm, but has holes pre-drilled for a 120mm fan. Another 120mm fan resides at the top center of the case (with a hole and grill for for exhaust). And two more 80mm's in two other hard-to-describe spots, one intake and one exhaust.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough.