38 members have voted

1. 1.

• 32 bit Windows...
    • 64 bit Windows...
    • 32 bit Linux...
    • 64 bit Linux...
    • Other... Unix... Mac... w/e...

• 3 weeks later...

Windows XP32 because I don't want any compatibility issues. I have tried XP 64bit and the first game I tried wouldnt work. I'm a gamer more than anything else so XP32 it is. For now.

I have WinXP Pro SP2 (32 bit) on two separate rigs and Ubuntu Edgy 6.10 (32bit) on a second HDD on one of the the rigs.

The reason, I don't want to spend the money for 64 bit when I don't believe it will help me.

I may try Ubuntu (64 bit) later, because it free for the download.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive pretty much only used 32bit OS's. When XP64 first came out i gave it a shot cause i was running a 64 bit processor, but with the lack of driver support and some of my hardware not working right, i went back to regular XP and never looked back.

Once i see a true advantage in what i do from a 64 bit OS, i see no real reason to change.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive pretty much only used 32bit OS's. When XP64 first came out i gave it a shot cause i was running a 64 bit processor, but with the lack of driver support and some of my hardware not working right, i went back to regular XP and never looked back.

Once i see a true advantage in what i do from a 64 bit OS, i see no real reason to change.

Same.

I have tried XP 32, & 64 bit. Ubuntu 64-bit. Mac OS X, 10.4.8. Oh yeah, and Vista 64 (for about 30 minutes). I keep on coming back to XP 32-bit because there is more support for it. I would switch to XP 64 bit in a heartbeat though if more software was patched for 64-bit.

Ubuntu wasn't bad, it was my first experience with Linux and I felt a little lost to say the least, but I saw some great potential.