Bios and memory

Hi guys

So, I finally track down that my Geil memory is faulty, orther some OCZ, chuck it in with everything set to auto and finally i thought days of trouble free computing are ahead of me.

Unfortunatelly, I couldnt sit still so I went over to OCS forums (after checking here), to find some stable oc settings. After I couldnt find any, i IMd one of the OCZ guys and he suggested I take a look at some settings and use them as a starting point.

Being a good little trouper, I did so, and guess what? Now the bastard PC doesnt boot.

So the question is:

Can I somehow "magically" force it to use "optimised settings" or will I have to reset CMOS or BIOS or whatever you guys think i might need to do to get the computer going? if you have any hand links to guides for whatever I will need to do, i would really appreciate it.

thanks

D

Hello,

Yeah either move the CMOS jumper to the clear position and leave it there for 10mins, then move it back to the save position and power the pc.

# Or, hold the insert key down on your keyboard.

# Keep it held down and power the pc.

# Keeping it held down, wait.

# And if it posts, let go of the insert key and enter the bios.

What settings do you change?

made it 2-3-2-8, changed data strength, added bit more voltage to dram and few others moving from Auto to pretty lose settings.

Thanks for your tip, i will try it as soon as home and let you know if resolved.

thanks

D