Another failed attempt at 3GHz

azrael201

it's an opteron 165 CCBBE 0615 EPMW and after examining the databases with the same stepping I was pretty sure if I added enough voltage I could obtain 3GHz.

I guess I am worried the reason i'm failing Prime is because at load I hit upwards of 45-47C. Is that too hot? In the 3GHz database I saw at ExtremeOC and XS they hit similar temps if not higher. My PWMIC runs fairly hot up to 50-60 but I read that it is rated for 100C from sound98x thread somewhere.

When I had the 3000+ venice core I had 1.6V in it and it still ran 30C idle but the Opty 165 runs 34C idle. Maybe I didn't use enough AS5? Perhaps reseating it will help or from the symptoms it's not that simple?

Should i try a different BIOs? this is for the first system in my sig

never mind i hit it i dunno what i did differently this time, but the voltage is at 1.55 in the BIOS and 1.52 ITE Smart

gonna try to lower the voltage somewhat cause the temps went as high as 50C on load and i had to open the case and bring down the ambient temp.

I'm still debating if i should reseat? I guess two cores obviously runs hotter than one?