Sign in to follow this  
TmA

Stable with 2x512 dimms, wouldn't POST with 4

This is my first build and everything was smooth and painless and very stable for a week until I received my second pair of dimms today. After plugging them in and having them pass memtest, I decided to finally put in all four sticks and start some moderate overclocking - except now that it won't even POST. I tried switching to 2T and increasing the drive strength and nothing has worked so far. Error code is 07 and everything is running on stock speed. I read through the forum and realized that 4 sticks tend to be more picky on RAM settings, but as I mentioned this is my first build and I consider myself to be quite a newbie and has much to learn, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

If you want to get up and running, pull the two sticks of extra memory you have. Start with one stick in the orange slot furthest away from the CPU. Take the plug out from the back of the power supply, and use the jumper( on my board its a read jumper) to clear the cmos for at least 10secs. The procedure should be outlined in your manual.

After you do all of this and replace the clr cmos jumper back on the default pins, then plug the plug back into the power supply and reboot your system. If the system boots, then shut down, take the plug out from the back of the Power supply again, and put your other stick of memory in. Now you should have memory in both the orange slots and can plug your power supply back in and reboot. Once you get your system booting again and are able to get into windows, do a google search for OCZ Tony and CFX-3200. You will find a page to help you get your initial settings and you can go from there. Keep in mind that you are much better off running 2 x 1MB sticks instead of 4. When running 4 double sided memory sticks you are only going to get DDR333 performance.

Jason

Jason

Guest Jack Stand

I think this is the link mentioned above.

http://www.bleedinedgesupport.com/ocz/foru...ead.php?t=20506

I also found this thread to be helpful. I basically used HG's settings with a few little, uneducated tweaks of my own...http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55763

I've not run any hard tests yet Prime etc..as the pc is not connected to the web..but I've been playing my favorite game (GTR2) for 10-15 days so far withno problems. Everything I know( which is very little) I've learned here at the street..I read every thread I could..asked ?'s and was guided by some very good folks:angel: ...this was my first complete build and for some strange reason ..I've had not one problem ..so far:)

Everything I know( which is very little) I've learned here at the street..I read every thread I could..asked ?'s and was guided by some very good folks:angel:
this was my first complete build and for some strange reason ..I've had not one problem ..so far:)

A very good reason why you haven't had any problems. There's a tremendous amount of info here if a person looks. The majority of problems a person has someone else has already had and found the solution. Good luck with your continued success.

Guest Jack Stand
A very good reason why you haven't had any problems. There's a tremendous amount of info here if a person looks. The majority of problems a person has someone else has already had and found the solution. Good luck with your continued success.

I started my quest to simply build the best pc I could afford to play a driving sim game and race online..just a pc that would run stock stable..I spent weeks reading everything I could..that's how I first landed upon DFI mobos and then dfi--street...the assitance I've rec'd from all of you here has made all the difference...BUT NOW :eek: ...I'm starting to think..hey,maybe I could clock this sandie up a notch or two...then I hear that lil voice in my head saying..hey stewpid..WHAT are you thinking!!:confused:

The one thing I would like to convey to many noobs like myself who come here dazed and confused..is spend the time here..read everything, even if it doesn't pertain directly to your rig..read,read,read....there's an amazing amount of gracious knowledge being spread...it helped me build a cfx3200 without a problem..now how cool is that?