Sign in to follow this  
UncleDavid218

Dual Samsung Syncmaster 941BWs, 8800GTS, FUZZY text

My friend Matt (forestorm here at the forums) just got his EVGA 8800GTS from Step-up... cream

Anyway, we did a fresh install of XP Professional, installed the newest chipset drivers, and then the newest GPU drivers from NVIDIA.

After restarting, well... in short, the screens look like .. Text is fuzzy and blurry (almost to the point of being unreadable).

He's using 2 Samsung Syncmaster 941BW's over DVI using the supplied cables.

He had a 7900GTX before this and everything worked OK. We've verified that the card is stable with various runs of 3DMark

I don't know much about 8-series problems, which is why I'm asking.

He's got, roughly...

SLI-DR Expert

X2 3800+

2GB OCZ Platinum PC4000

250GB Seagate Barracuda

600w OCZ GameXStream

Yeah font smoothing,

Display Properties > Appearance > Effects

Tick the "Use the following effect to smooth edges of screen fonts", and select ClearType or Standard, whatever looks best to you.

Forgot to mention, ClearType is enabled and 97.44 drivers are installed from NVIDIA.

I've searched the net for this problem and can't seem to find it, though we didn't get much of a chance to properly troubleshoot (1 hour maybe)

Is it fuzzy across the monitor or just in certain places? I had a BFG 8800 GTS for about two weeks and among the myriad of problems I was experiencing, my flat panel was fuzzy. The kicker is that it was only a ribbon from top to bottom and was spaced equally every two or so inches. The blurry area was about an inch thick all the way across. The problem did not exist on the 21" crt though.