Sign in to follow this  
orbster556

Which Sata Ports to Use?

I apologize is this is a simple question but I am wondering which sata ports I should connect my two drives to. I have two drives, one being my main drive and the other serving as a storage drive. Should I connect them on 1&2 or 3&4?

I only ask because a while back I think I might have read something that warned that if o'cing don't connect to one or the other because one set was unlocked.

Thanks

I apologize is this is a simple question but I am wondering which sata ports I should connect my two drives to. I have two drives, one being my main drive and the other serving as a storage drive. Should I connect them on 1&2 or 3&4?

I only ask because a while back I think I might have read something that warned that if o'cing don't connect to one or the other because one set was unlocked.

Thanks

That was only a problem with the 250gb board (NF3 socket754).. On the board you have its not an issue so dont worry..

I'm using 1 and 2.. for the record..;)

That was only a problem with the 250gb board (NF3 socket754).. On the board you have its not an issue so dont worry..

I'm using 1 and 2.. for the record..;)

It was also a problem with the NF3 Ultra D 939 board.

Mr. Novi

I'm using 1 & 3 just to be different and I kinda have the old mentality of PATA's still. Ya know put'em on a seperator "controller" for more performance. I don't think it works that way anymore but... Haven't had any problems yet.

-MalibuSS

I'm currently on 1 & 2 (as far as I can recall) and currently set-up in RAID1. No problems other than a nagging desire to upgrade which is totally unrelated to the SATA ports. :)

I've tested my Raptor RAID0 array on 1&2, 3&4, 1&3 and just about every combination thereof. Performance and overclocking result couldn't be split with a razor on my Ultra-D Lanparty board. On the NF4 based boards you can pretty much stick 'em where ever you want and won't notice a difference one way or another.