Just got an Ultra-D Motherboard, and it will not POST.

Hey guys, I just got a sexy new DFI motherboard. I was excited until I found out it would not POST. I am currently getting no signal from my monitor to my computer.

However, I highly doubt it's my motherboards fault. I am new to building.

Firstly, is this ram compatible with my motherboard?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6730/dsc02346tt8.jpg

^That's the ram I currently own and use with my new DFI.

I do not know my BIOS version because I can't see my BIOS screen. Also, the back of my video card is touching my northbridge fan.... Is that a problem?

Thanks,

Louis.

Welcome to the street. first off I would suggest you read and follow the initial build guide.http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ial+build+guide Once you have done this you should be able to post. Do a minimal build outside the case CPU 1 stick of ram in the orange slot nearest the edge of the board, VGA card and a ps2 keyboard. Boot using the power button on the board. Load optimised defaults and then run memtest from the bios 10 passes and 5 passes each of #% and #8. If your ram passes then shut down your system and replace that stick with the other and repeat. if it passes then add your OS hard drive and 1 optical drive, load windows. And motherboard drivers, video card drivers. Shut it down install the other stick of ram and run memtest on both, if it passes then add hardware 1 piece at a time.

I have read the guide.

I have done exactly what the guide says, but everytime I power up my computer I keep getting beeps. It's a string of long beeps and pauses.

Sorta like... *beeeeeeeeep* 2 seconds later *beeeeeeeeep* and so on.

Yes it will work you just have to get the timings right.....boot with one stick set timings and shutdown insert 2nd stick.....

Stock Settings Data Base and the Overclocking Data Base both of these need a search by you to find users with similar ram and try there settings.

Offcourse this is as long as both sticks individual passed memtest.

Logan