Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo89

Geil pc4400 ddr550 timings?

Anyone knowone know good stable and overclockable timings for the following ram? I had one stick in my motherboard, then after a while put the other stick in and during boot, got the big blue screen, and so just simply does not boot. I have even put the cmos setting on safe/ fail safe settings, which doesn't work, so the only timings that just barely work, are 2-2-2-6...-8 or something :S (not very good with timings). Running along with an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @stock speed, but would like to try overclock it to 3ghz, if it can do it.

2x512 Geil pc440 (ddr550)

Do those rams have the tccd chips on it? If that's the case try setting timings 3-4-4-8. This will cause lesser stress to your cpu ondye memory controller.

Hmmz could be indeed, not sure though. But you can sure try those timings. Also read my thread on my system evaluation (how's my system doing). I stated all my ram timings in there and got recommendations from Kittfitt.

Be my guest....

how do i change the cpu speed? i've read the overclocking pdf, but i don't understand it :s do i have to change the cpu voltage? and then the fsb bus frequency? atm it's running at stock speeds. Cpu core voltage= 1.35v and fsb bus frequency is 200.

Hey. Well it's actually very straightforward. Put all the settings back to stock.

First go and find the max for your cpu.

Up the cpu speed and leave the vcore at default and see how far it goes on default volts. At the point you reach the top, slightly increase your cpu volts and see how high you can get with that. Repeat it this way till you find out what the max for your cpu is.

After having found the max cpu speed, set it back to stock and do exactly the same for the ram.

After having found the max for the ram, you're ready to combine the settings. Could be that you cannot set the max mem and the max cpu speed at once, but go in steps like before and see at what point you loose stability.

In this way you'll find a roof eventually. It takes some time to perform but you'll be lucky you did it after your system performs at its max. And keep re-reading that manual. It took me a couple of times to understand what was meant in there. Just open the bios and have that manual in printed version ready at hand so you can see of which thing in the bios is spoken of.

Good luck and let us know.

ok, i'll try that, but i still don't know what to change in the bios that changes the cpu speed :s

is it the fsb bus frequency?