GSkill Settings + Expert=Mystery??

DevilCry

Thnx for the replies Guys.The certain thing is that expert+dual core+Gskill Hz=problems.(Not to everyone though)I'm not the only one.Some guys at the thread "G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+" have the same problems as me.As i said my Gskill sticks,were doing 3-3-2-5,2.74 with same board but with single core Opteron 148 and 3700+ Sandy.So they haven't for certain some kind of problem.Everyone advise was Merlin bios.I updated my bios and yes i have at least 250 at 3-4-4-8.But at 2.5v.If i was increasing volt,had errors on memtest.When i had single Core,default speeds needed at least 2.6..(Strange)Now i was trying to do 3-3-2-5,same settings like before(with single core) but nothing.Got many errors at memtest.Finally got stable setting at 250,3-3-2-5 but i've done something wierd.I decreased the volts at 2.37..Passed 3 times memtest!Duration:~2h 15min...I don't know.Wierd things are happening...I'll try and 2t though

I am trying to play a bit here. I am not used to use memory dividers. I used the 9/10 divider and put my FSB to 285. But when I booted my DDR promted I got 360 in DDR speed??? Using 9/10 divider I should get 256 and that is 512 in ddr right?

This Merlin Bios where do you get that? I am running the official 04-06 currently

04/11/06 recommended on Gskills?

Anyway I am trying now. 285h I crashed 3dmark so that is a no go.

At 280 and 9/10 dividier I am passed the 250 mark by 2 megahertz and I passed 3dmark :). Now trying prime95 I bet 10 dollars it has crashed already lol.

But damn nice I got a 10 % performance increase in 3dmark06 crazy...

Nope mine just won´t do 1T timings at 250...

I managed to run prime 95 for 1 hour in blend before stopping it but while playing dark messiah I get freezes just after a few minutes.

Will try Merlins bios how safe is it to use?

GSkill HZ UCCC should do 250-275Mhz @ 1T 3/4/3/8 2.66Vdimm. UCCC is really well know for being very performance oriented.

My 170 + 2GB Gskill HZ + Expert system is running 295FSBx10 9/10 1T 3/4/3/6/7/13/2/2/2/3/3072 without problems on WC.

If your ram can't achieve 250FSB @ 1T, your ram is probably bad.

Cjoe

How many of you do game? I am thinking since I can bench your ram is maybe unstable without you knowing it?

However maybe it´s not really possible on air... I have a cross flow fan and Scythe Ninja. CPU temps max out at 43 approx and mainboard temps 38...

Most seem to be on water cooling that reach really high FSB on Opterons.

I am thinking since I can bench your ram is maybe unstable without you knowing it?

However maybe it´s not really possible on air

I can't speak for everyone else but I'm pretty sure I have a good understanding of what completely stable means.

If you are unable to run HZ memory at 250/3-4-4-8/1T there is one of three possibilities. The memory is faulty, the memory controller is faulty or the settings/voltages are wrong. Aircooling vs watercooling has absolutely nothing to do with the memory being able to run at 250/1T.

• 3 weeks later...