dfi manufacturer are confused and will lose customers

flybye444

How can they say that there is nothing wrong with the cfx 3200 dr board with 50,000 views and 1259 replys. They are down right stupid and making really bad name for themselves. Do they not read these pages?

How can they say that there is nothing wrong with the cfx 3200 dr board with 50,000 views and 1259 replys. They are down right stupid and making really bad name for themselves. Do they not read these pages?

Are you referring to the ULI chip? RGone made a post about that I believe, nobody in Taiwan can replicate the issue, so obviously if they can't see it happen they can't fix it.

Not everyone has these issues, dude. I don't.

I realize that there are a lot of people who do, but not everyone has them.

I do know that dfi-street carries quite a bit of integrity, but I am not so stupid that I believe DFI cannot replicate the problem. I've RMA'd 3 times over the issue so I know they have had a board in their possesion that is as easy to test as hooking up any drive to the ULI, loading Windows and trying to watch a movie or run about 3 hits of any hard drive benchmark.

DFI releases a new bios and some beta drivers to fix a problem they can't seem to reproduce, then they tell us that it actually fixes the problem. How do they know it fixes the problem?

@chubby, there are plenty of us with ULI issues. Some of us more than adequately competent with enough parts at our disposal to determine where the problem truly lies.. I'm glad DFI managed to turn out a board that worked perfectly for you, but there are a number of people forced to live with a $200 board that functions half-assed...

It's not that big of deal to me anymore, I threw the POS CFX3200 in the closet on the floor and purchased a board from a different maker for my C2D build so I can use the $800 worth of ATI cards I purchased.. I've been loyal to DFI for years but they aren't the only game in town and they won't get any more of money until I am satisfied with my last purchase from them.. Every manufacture releases less than optimal components at some point, it's what they do when that happens that makes the difference...

The issue is not with DFI but with the guidelines that ULI has implemented to motherboard manufacturers on how to implement their chipset into each individual mother design.

Their implementation guidelines are nothing more than laughable. They have attempted to supercede the code, with respect to the hardware implementation, and create a scenario which causes much overheadednistic results.

Prove me wrong, please.

Guest LookBackX2
I do know that dfi-street carries quite a bit of integrity, but I am not so stupid that I believe DFI cannot replicate the problem. I've RMA'd 3 times over the issue so I know they have had a board in their possesion that is as easy to test as hooking up any drive to the ULI, loading Windows and trying to watch a movie or run about 3 hits of any hard drive benchmark.

DFI releases a new bios and some beta drivers to fix a problem they can't seem to reproduce, then they tell us that it actually fixes the problem. How do they know it fixes the problem?

@chubby, there are plenty of us with ULI issues. Some of us more than adequately competent with enough parts at our disposal to determine where the problem truly lies.. I'm glad DFI managed to turn out a board that worked perfectly for you, but there are a number of people forced to live with a $200 board that functions half-assed...

It's not that big of deal to me anymore, I threw the POS CFX3200 in the closet on the floor and purchased a board from a different maker for my C2D build so I can use the $800 worth of ATI cards I purchased.. I've been loyal to DFI for years but they aren't the only game in town and they won't get any more of money until I am satisfied with my last purchase from them.. Every manufacture releases less than optimal components at some point, it's what they do when that happens that makes the difference...

Very well put CPDMF. My sentiments excactly. I have built two computers for other people since mine. Both another brand...you just described why. thanks.

AceGoober common man...

The issue is not with DFI but with the guidelines that ULI has implemented to motherboard manufacturers on how to implement their chipset into each individual mother design.

Their implementation guidelines are nothing more than laughable. They have attempted to supercede the code, with respect to the hardware implementation, and create a scenario which causes much overheadednistic results.

Prove me wrong, please.

I understand the sentiment for DFI that it is out of their hands. I am willing to bet that anyone who can even follow the technical side of what you are saying here has no reason to prove you wrong. Or would want to.

The issue is not WHY the board is screwed, but what is being done, not done, ignored and made up when DFI (The Motherboard Manufacturer) is questioned about a widespread issue with a certain product of theirs, that just happens to hold the ability to be the Standard in s939 enthusiast boards.

There are other manufacturers who have shown issues early in the business cycle of their motherboards that use the ULi m5288 sata controller, only to react swiftly and effectively remedying the problem.

It stands to reason that if other companies can use the poorly designed schematics provided by the same people who provided DFI with the poor schematics that made our cfx3200's choke, and they can rid their boards of the problems (which manifest almost identically to ours) then DFI should be able to fix the issue too. Right? maybe..........

Maybe, because there is that chance that DFI made a physical error emplimenting the chip, which shows up after continued use to start with on most boards, then progresses and becomes the norm. If that is the case, it would be better to give cfx owners that follow the correct registration procedures some type of condolance. A gift certificate to a retailer that would cover a pci sata 3.0 add in card along with a heartfelt appology and some bull crap story about tighter quality controll moving forward. That would be a minimum to guarantee future purchases from me.

Even that would be showing that they care about their customers.

The issue is a management mistake, not necissarily an Engineering, or software mistake.

Again AceGoober, I agree with you. That was a bad move for Uli, but DFI is the only company not able to supply a strait answer, to a problem that they aren't admitting exists, but issue hidden "fixes for"

Rant over, sorry

The box the board came in said DFI not ULI, the money I spent on the board went to DFI pockets so how is it not their problem? I don't blame DFI for the problems associated with the ULI controller, it's a garbage chipset with inferior hard drive and USB performance. I can however blame DFI for the lack of customer satisfaction and not having the balls or integrity to step up.

I'd even be OK with DFI telling me I'm screwed.. I might even buy an RD600 when it comes out if it's not a flop and gets pulled off the shelves...

Not to be disruptive to the thread here, but why aren't there more DFI-street users who own this board collecting data and information in regard to the problem? Wouldn't that be more productive? Maybe I am just in the dark, or maybe I missed something.

Jason

You must have missed the post from RGone where DFI stated the problem was resolved and wouldn't be putting any further effort into fixing the board..

We can collect all the data we want, noone is going to use that data to actually resolve the problem.

I'm fairly confident DFI has all the data they need to fix the board, they just aren't willing to absorb the cost of actually fixing it based on the small percentage of their customer base that actually own the board..