What is it that people do not Read the Motherboard Manual

ComicDom1

I really think that Read Your Motherboard Manual should be a sticky on this forum. I would think that would be the first thing, that any reasonable person would do before posting with issues. I know all of us do not read them, and after we reach a certain level of confidence and expertise, many of us do not even crack the manual open.

While I am probably also guilty of this at one time or another, I do use the manual as a reference while assembling and installing a new motherboard. I do agree, that sometimes manuals are not completely clear, and some of them do contain errors, but it certainly should be your starting point when trouble shooting any problem with your motherboard installation.

Even if you are experienced, do not assume you know everything. These new motherboards with multiple settings in the bios require a little reading, or internet search engine effort to understand them.

If you do not understand something that is written, then why not use google or some other search engine to understand what is meant. If that does not work, but by all means, post a question on the forum where someone else who has more knowlege or technical understanding can help you.

Sorry about my Rant, but I just see more and more people looking to short cut the process and rely on others instead of themselves.

Jason

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guilty of not reading manuals when I'm already quite familiar with the type of product I'm installing; But they're my first reference if I get stuck. When I installed my new home theater system I only read a fraction of the manual for the receiver.

There are many true answers in the motherboard manual but there are also some revisions which are incorrect.

This is due to the translation errors that DFI faces. They cannot be correct in everything they print yet they cannot be completely correct in everything that is typed and presented to the public.

Look to both the printed and downloadable forms which they (DFI) have provided.

There is a language barrier in-place. Please remember this fact once you have purchased a DFI product, or any product made in China, for that matter. There will be translation errors, I gaurentee you that.

The NF4-DAGF manual is pretty slim, IMO.

It tells me which pins are reset/power, which sata/IDE ports are 1 and 2, where the USB2 and firewire case-to-mobo things are. When I first saw the manual I thought it was full of information on WTF a tras to pras to cas to trtp memory option is, what the hell spread spectrum was, etc, but instead it was just the aforementioned basic information in 90 different languages.

The manual for my ASUS is detailed and explains everything. If the board weren't such a pile of sh!t, this would be a redeeming quality. :(

Is the lanparty manual more useful than the DAGF one?

Unfortunately, mine doesn't have a manual. It's an automatic. :)

LOL... been wanting to use that one since the last time I wet the bed. Ok, so it was yesterday. Don't laugh, I was only 30.

Seriously, I do like reading the manuals.... I even keep all that crap. I may not keep everything in perfect shape (I keep the stuff in my closet, so it gets crumpled every now and then when I have to clean up my room in a hurry), but I do keep and read them.

I like the how toos much better. It is so hard to make a good manual in the short time they usualy have to put it out. The How to can be constantly updated with new info too.

You would not beleve how hard it can be to write a manual it is so easy to just know too much about somthing to be clear. Some companys will hire people with no tech knowledge teach them and have them write it then get new people once they know too much. That is the way it should be but that is not pratical when there arre tons of revisions and such.

I got a bit cocky after building an Ultra-D, SLI-DR, Expert and Pro875B. When I got my Infinity, I did not want to mess anything up, I kept seeing cold boot issues posted on here. So, I made sure to look up the manual and made sure that the jumpers were set right. No cold boot issue, the only time it does the cold boot is when I try to go above 410X9. So reading the manual is a must, its the reason why they put it in the box.

Guest LookBackX2
That is the way it should be but that is not pratical when there arre tons of revisions and such.

My cfx3200 manual ws thick and told me anything I needed to know. With an acceptable level of errors. Guess they knew they weren't going to put much effort into revising this board huh?

Any one know where I can find the cmos thingy to reset it?

J/k lmao