Sign in to follow this  
Guest DasFox_merged

Most Popular HSF For Opty 165

Guest DasFox

The Look is only 47 CFM this Aerocool I picked up is 89.39CFM, and it will cool the Tuniq better if you need better cooling that is.

Pushing more air flow is the name of the game. ;)

I am happy with my Zalman 9700. Some people don't like it but I've been enjoying it. My Opty 165 idles around 21°C and dual prime95 never goes above 29°C.

what the room temp?

Guest DasFox
DasFox, how are your temps with the Tuniq+turbine? Is the LED from the fan still visible, and if so, how does it look?

Well so far I have a Pabst fan that pushes like 64CFM, and this Aerocool that is rated at 89CFM, and I can tell you this Aerocool does push more air then this Pabst.

I have the 70CFM Yate on the way should be here in the mail tomorrow for me to test against this Aerocool, but so far the Aerocool has the temps lowered by 3-5c.

Post more on this when I get the Yate 70CFM fan.

Oh as far as the LED on the Aerocool through the Tuniq, it makes the HSF glow blue, kind of cool looking.

I'll try to take a pic later.

heres my 2 cents, look at my sig. those are correct and don't forget high cfm means higher db's. mine is only 18db...something like that, i can't even hear. it. also it only cost $28.50 at zipzoomfly.com

good luck.

heres my 2 cents, look at my sig. those are correct and don't forget high cfm means higher db's. mine is only 18db...something like that, i can't even hear. it. also it only cost $28.50 at zipzoomfly.com

good luck.

Yeah the Freezer 64 is probably my favourite 'cheap' HSF - I had one on the Sandy 3700+ in my sig for ages, and it idled around 3 degrees above ambient at 1.40v with some mild lapping.

I just discovered a new favourite setup - the Tuniq Tower with a Noctua S12-1200 Fan. This setup is dead silent in my P180, and cools to 2 degrees above ambient on the same Sandy with 1.40v. Load is about 36 degrees C at the same voltage with 23 degree ambient.

Canadian buyers take note: the absolute LOWEST price I have ever seen on the Noctua fan is from directcanada.com, who sells it for C$13.26, and currently has it in stock. This is far and away cheaper than the US$16-22 I have seen elsewhere on the net.

They also have the Tuniq Tower for C$48.44, also the lowest price I have seen on the web, but it is often out of stock.

So for C$61.70, you can pretty much nail the quietest, most effective air cooling solutions on the market. Not bad at all.

Cheers

i am not sure about my ambient temp, but i do live in texas and it's pretty hot here. i think bang for the buck it can go up against anybody. i also lapped mine, i figured i should add that in. i also lapped my evercool south bridge cooler.

to give you some other result

im running a ThermalTake SilentTower (http://www.silentpcreview.com/article201-page1.html)

ive bought another fan like it was already on the cooler, and mount one pushing, and the other one pulling

i have a standard mid tower case with 1*120mm on the front has intake, 1*92mm on side has intake and 1*120mm on exhaust on the bac of the case

with the A64 rig in my sig, the opteron run around 29-30°C idle and 40-41°C with dual prime running on my current OC 2.8Ghz on 1.2*110% set in bios, but the bios read it has 1.28V. thats with room temp of 20-21°C

hope this help