Help needed with PC, 2D works 3D mode doesn't....

ok having a major problem..... this happend even before swapping PSU

upon entering any game the pc will lock up or i can get in the game for 5-15 sec and then artifacting and then lock up.... even tried 3dmark05 and same lock up

don't have a clue. card worked great in the old MB

If nothing is overclocked and the video card is plugged in and properly seated. Then you may need to manualy set the timings on your ram, Also did you install the dual core patch? Follow the initial build giude and do a miminal build with 1 stick of ram and do all the proper memtesting of the Ram?http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ial+build+guide

Issue you may have is unstable RAM timings, unstable cpu overclock or unstable video card overclock.

Is this a new build?

Have you tested RAM with memtest86 before you installed your OS?

Is your video card overclocked?

What is your current cpu overclock?

What are your temps?

Voltages?

Providing more information will help out in determining what's going on.

well turned out my Seagate 120g Hd packed it in...

i tried to format... so i could start from scratch... well i tried doing the quick format and it would not let me...some error message about not being able to access the disk, and disk may be damaged... so i do the long format and it takes 2 hours to format.... then i reinstall and i get windows can nott load due to not being able to find a system file.... so i format again... the long one... and it stalls at 51%......

well i placed a order at newegg for a Seagate 320 gig sata with 16megs...

should be a nice replacement.