Sign in to follow this  
Puma/Sire

HardDrive ?

This has never happened with me before but I got 2 Harddrives, 1 is on sata and the other is on Native IDE. An System file somehow got corrupted,so I formated and reinstalled Windows. I still had a whole bunch of Games and demo's installed. But now there not installed on my fresh Install of the operating system, and there not in my "Add and remove Programs" But I can still play all the games and demo's. I've never been able to do that before and now I can. ANyone have an explanation.

Some programs including games might be executed straight from the exe-file in the folder with no obvious obstacles. As I understand your post these games are in a previous setup installed on another partition.

You need to reinstall programs to see references to them in the operating system, because the installation process also add entries in the registry. Without these references in the registry the programs "don't exist".

For stability reasons I would suggest that you reinstalled them.

Yeah thats why I was wandering how they could be playing without the registry entries. They are all games, and they run stable, they run just like they did when I had them installed on my old operating system. SO I'm thinkin hell this might be a good thing I won't ever have to worry about reinstalling all my games.