What are your rainbow six vegas framerates?

Nightshadow

Guest MadDias

measured my fps with fraps...

angry_games is there a difference between sli and singlecard? does it utilize both vidcards?

i see no difference between crossfire and a single card.

i don´t play it anymore because of the lack of AA...

and there is a "boycott ubisoft" thread going on in another forum ;)

http://ubi.spiderfighter.de/

This game has a poor engine console and even on my system it only get 20 to 60 FPS @ 1680 X 1050 with Avg FPS around 30 to 35! with all that said it not the sort of game thats needs high FPS!

as i told you in the other thread, the engine is not the problem. the engine is fantastic and will be in many many games because of how fantastic it is.

teh problem with the game is the port from console ( a closed hardware system) to the PC (a very open hardware system).

That is the problem. Not the engine. But the port to PC that isn't optimized for many different PC hardware combinations (nor drivers etc)

• 1 month later...

Got the game today, and did a quick run.

Settings:

• Resolution: 1600x1200
  • Hardware skinning: OFF
  • High dynamic range: ON
  • Shadow quality: HIGH
  • Motion blur: HIGH
  • Blur quality: VERY HIGH
  • Brightness: 5

Used FRAPS (Version: 2.8.0 / Build: 6345):

• Frames: 40554
  • Time (ms): 924742
  • Min: 10
  • Max: 136
  • Average: 43.854

Im looking into buying the 8800 too. I thought it would be the end of driver problems and lowering settings for a while at least. This isnt good news as I was given this game a while ago, after I installed it and realized that even the minimal settings require SM3.0 man I was pissed. I was looking at a Sapphire X1950Pro and RS Vegas comes bundled with it. I really only play games on settings where I can get at least the monitor refresh rate so it looks and feels smooth. Man, buying an 8800 and still struggling with drivers and settings just isnt cool. Bloody lazy game programers just relying on cards with brute force instead of smart programing. Back to the wishlist for me :(