What are your rainbow six vegas framerates?

Nightshadow

I am seriously considering buying this game, but I hear the framerates can be somewhat dissapointing, and go as low as 15-20 FPS even with a high end system.

So what framerates are you getting with your rig?

Guest MadDias

at 1280x960 i get 25-35fps with my cards@732/850.

in situations with a lot of fighting the fps go down to 18.

i don´t play it that much, cause it doesn´t support AA and sometimes looks really crappy. my low framerates are due to a lacking support of multi-gpus.

i sure hope the next unreal3 engine games use the full potential of modern pc systems.

Guest element

IMHO it is because it can still run the game!

heh. But indeed it is a bit of a waste to grab the latest and greatest atm unless a complete rebuild is in order.

Happy posted something somewhere that shows even with like a QX6700 and 880GTX, the framerates get to like 50-ish at some points.

And who said hardware is well in front of software?? lol

I have actually heard that g80's don't do well at all with this game, due to their lack of driver support. http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36608

Guest MadDias
Interesting. Those are ridicilous framerates for two x1800's in x-fire. Can you not force FSAA with CCC? When testing, is this with VSync on or off? Seems Like this game is seriously GPU/Shader intensive...

yeah.. the framerate is the same with only one card... VSync is off... something really is f***ed up in this game. the splash screen at the beginning is stuttering when i play in crossfire, but with only one card the splash screen is running fine.

i tried forcing FSAA from 2x-14x thru the ccc without any success. i even renamed the R6Vegas_Game.exe to Oblivion.exe (as it is supposed to use the same chuck patch that oblivion uses) but that didn´t help either. Although i had a very nice picture with FSAA at the beginning of a map, when i moved only one step all the textures became green and the game was unplayable.

I don´t see where this game should be that GPU/Shader intensive. In my opinion it´s just a fast XBOX360 to PC conversion without any optimiziations for PC hardware.

the only game i´m playin without FSAA is Gothic3 and u really don´t need FSAA in this game cause it´s looking nice even without it.

But R6Vegas graphics are poor without FSAA especially the blurr effects...

haven´t seen such big pixel squares in a long time.

It's just a fast XBOX360 to PC conversion without any optimiziations for PC hardware.

You are most definatly right. This game was just ported from the 360, and I would like to see them optimize it for the PC user. I know I have seen screenshots where this game looked like FSAA was enabled, though maybe they were 360 screens. If I am only going to be able to get 20 FPS out of this game, than I'll probably have to wait until they release a patch that actually takes advantage of the hardware. Does not the unreal engine utilize multi threading?

You are most definatly right. This game was just ported from the 360, and I would like to see them optimize it for the PC user. I know I have seen screenshots where this game looked like FSAA was enabled, though maybe they were 360 screens. If I am only going to be able to get 20 FPS out of this game, than I'll probably have to wait until they release a patch that actually takes advantage of the hardware. Does not the unreal engine utilize multi threading?

Well, that's 2/2 in crappy ports from the 360 to the PC for Ubi. Splinter Cell: Double Agent is the most bug riddled game I've played since Savage: The Battle For Newerth. I can't load my game in between the Iceland mission and the prison mission; crash to desktop every time. It's the first game I've played since the Windows 98 era that doesn't handle alt-tabbing gracefully (crash to desktop again, every time). The framerates are also less than spectacular on my machine.

• 4 weeks later...

I was around 20-30 frames most of the time - however you barely notice you are that low unless there is a lot of smoke around. The game is pretty entertaining, graphics are good, and its a bit longer than I expected. It's not like any of the previous RB6 games, but its still quite a bit of fun to play. Your rig should have no problem making it enjoyable for you.

keep in mind that Xbox360 is extremely powerful but a single hardware platform.

Easy to optimize for.

when it comes to PC, it has to perform well on multiple chipsets, cpu's, and gpu's. It can take a bit of time to be optimized for these various bits (and the gpu drivers from gpu mfg's must be optimized as well as game patches) or it might never get done (ie Halo for PC)

I think that RS Vegas will run quite well in time (it already runs nicely on my 7950GT SLI X2 @ 2600Mhz, 2GB RAM, and runs very well on the GIgabyte @ 3200Mhz core2, 2GB RAM, 7800GT 256MB).

Haven't tried it on ATI cards yet, and of course dont have an 8800 card.

I can say that it runs very poorly on 6800GT & 2GB RAM & 3400+ socket 754 (2.4Ghz, 512k L2) even with everything turned down.

the major problem I see is that the video options aren't robust enough. We need to be able to tweak more options without fooling with the bin files, and we need MORE REAL RESOLUTIONS (like 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1650x1080, etc)

anyway, how are you guys measuring your fps?

I've been playing w/a 165 at stock and a 7900GTO at stock,the game is definitely playable but taxes the heck out of the system.

It's just a hair under from being totally smooth,but I don't know how to measure framerates.

The gameplay is so good I'll keep playing eventhough it's not smooth as say BF2