Dual channel Ram Breaks Windows

For some reason windows will not install and or work if i put my two

sticks of ram into the 1-3 slots. It picks them up in the bios and it says

they are runing in dual channel mode. I found this out when i took one of my sticks out of the secod slot and put it into slot 3 this morring. Windows stoped working and when i tryed to re install it is just hang before geting to the windows screen. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this.

Trent

Edit: I also updated my Cpu to a AMD 64 X2 4600+ 939 yesterday. Windows booted and i had no probelms at all with that

Guest Lavell

Put the 2 sticks of RAM in slots 2 & 4 (the orange slots). That should fix the problem. You didn't list your power supply.

Not that hard really...all memory sockets work out to have different trace lengths and thus react differently to certain timing parameters...the board is not actually built for vanilla running but more inclined in the direction of overclocking and the termination resistors for the orange slots which are only used with two sticks of memory...work out better for overclocking with the use of only two sticks...and is designed primarily for two sticks to go fast...it just so happened or worked out that the orange slots are most often the slots of choice...likely due the length of traces working best on those two memory slots...

RGone...:confused:

That fixed it, if you don't mind can you tell me why it wouldn't work in the first channel?