Memtest For Win Errors

bearskin

First time running memtest 4 win. Went to the HCI website read the manual and followed the directions.

Running 2 instances both set at 800 mb in a left & right window. At 785% the rt win had 1 error. At 1790% the same win had a second error. The left win went past 3000% with no errors. Assumed I had one bad stick even though both sticks had passed memtest86 for more that 12 hrs each.

Pulled the stick out of DIMM 4 and restarted memtest 4 win on the stick in DIMM 2. Ran past 2500% with no errors. Put the second stick in DIMM 2 and got the same results. Both sticks tested individually in DIMM 2 ran past 2500% with no errors.

I have both sticks reinstalled in DIMM 2 & 4 and am rerunning memtest. What are the chances that there is something wrong with Dimm 4 on the mobo? Is there anything else I should look for?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bear

Run the memtest iso boot disk and not in windows

bearskin has already stated that the memory has passed 12+ hours of Memtest86. That is why it is doubtful that the memory itself is faulty. Timings/Voltage that is Memtest86 stable aren't always Windows stable.

bearskin has already stated that the memory has passed 12+ hours of Memtest86. That is why it is doubtful that the memory itself is faulty. Timings/Voltage that is Memtest86 stable aren't always Windows stable.

No, he stated he ran it in 'windows' for over 12+ hours.

Maybe he needs to be very clear with what program he's tested his memory. I would never believe any memtest run in windows as it would then be running on a flawed OS.

In any case, he needs to do the test from a boot ISO so that there is no question about the memory.

Maybe he needs to be very clear with what program he's tested his memory.

Can't get much clearer.

Assumed I had one bad stick even though both sticks had passed memtest86 for more that 12 hrs each.
I would never believe any memtest run in windows as it would then be running on a flawed OS.

If the errors in Memtest for Windows are operating system induced or not is really irrelevant. They are still memory errors that need to be corrected.

The 12 hr. memtest86 runs were madse pre os install as recommended here in the forum. No errors occurred until memtest for windows was used post os install.

The latest result is that both sticks running 2 instances have passed 1250% with no errors. Not sure what this means?:confused:

What program do I need to run the .iso memtest suggested by faheyd?

The 12 hr. memtest86 runs were madse pre os install as recommended here in the forum. No errors occurred until memtest for windows was used post os install.

The latest result is that both sticks running 2 instances have passed 1250% with no errors. Not sure what this means?:confused:

What program do I need to run the .iso memtest suggested by faheyd?

You're ok if you ran it from the bios boot. It's the same test, thanks for making that clear as some people couldn't figure it out.

I've heard of others that have had the same problem where there are memory errors of some kind in windows but not in the boot memtest.

Others will step in to help at this point I'm sure. I don't know if this is right forum for this type of problem though.