R600 BENCHED! Just as expected.

Thraxz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benchmarks aside (real or fake) the R600 is going to be better than the 8800's. Unless for the first time in video card history, at least that I am aware of, a graphics card manufacturer will release a flagship card slower than their competitor's. How much faster than the 8800s you say? I have no idea. Faster? I bet my years income on it. And my rig. You can have my 8GB iPod Nano as well. Sennheiser 595's included.

You're probably right Yukon, it would be a suicide move by AMD/ATI to release an inferior card. Depending on what market segment you're looking at they are still a strong competitor. In other words I suppose they delay the R600 release until they're sure it gonna beat the Nvidia flagship. In the meantime they simply regulate prices of the already existing cards just enough to competitive and keep on generating money. Their main income is anyway hardly coming from these kind of super graphic-cards.

Benchmarks aside (real or fake) the R600 is going to be better than the 8800's. Unless for the first time in video card history, at least that I am aware of, a graphics card manufacturer will release a flagship card slower than their competitor's. How much faster than the 8800s you say? I have no idea. Faster? I bet my years income on it. And my rig. You can have my 8GB iPod Nano as well. Sennheiser 595's included.

If you want my shipping information just send me a PM... but keep the iPod. :D

Im pretty much for wait till is retail camp because all the benchies were performed on a pre-release reference board with basic sketchy drivers. Even at that level the numbers were quite good and for now it is only that... they just LOOK good. Personally I had bad luck with ATI drivers and they are substandard compared to NVIDIA in the sense of dependability and reliability. Eventhough I wouldnt mind having an R600 it would be too expensive to have just like any of the other DX10 cards that will crop up during the year.

I plan to do long term upgrade to two 8800 GTX when they are available with DDR4 memory and are affordable and that oviously wont be till the end of the year hopefully. But basically until some people here in the forum start fiddling with it hands on and see it reviewed at my favorite three websites (Sharkyextreme, Tomshardware, Anantech) then we will see how good the R600 really is.

Well, I have little doubt R600 will crush all opposition, but with that much up for grabs I thought I'd take first dibs if you were wrong. :shake:

A true shark. ;)

AMD will have the faster single card, while nvidia will have the faster multi gpu setup.

Unless AMD gets rid of CCC they will never power my games.

Yikes. If I was FORCED to use CCC I would probably not be an ATI guy either. But I'm not so I use ATI Tray Tools. Akin to MS forcing me to use Windows Media Player for my music. But they don't, so I use Winamp.