R600 BENCHED! Just as expected.

Thraxz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how it shows the 7950GX2 at the bottom of all the benchmarks. When I built my rig 3 months ago the GX2 was the king daddy of cards. Bottom line R600 is going to dominate..... for 2 or 3 months. And then Nvidia will dominate for 2 or 3 months, and then the R700 will come out which they are already working on. Supposedly the next big thing is multiple GPU's on one card! This is what supposedly ATI will be doing with the R700 and Nvidia I imagine will go down the same path. Multiple GPU's on one card? Were gonna need PC&P 1000W units for our video cards alone! Maybe I should invest in a diesel generator in case one of these new video cards shorts out the circuitry in my house!

How about the single rail pc power and cooling 1kw, or two of my psu's!!

LOL... indeed, but I am beggining to think a single 1kW PSU might not be the best way to go. Perhaps the 850W one plus a secondary just for peripherials... but that narrows the computer cases available, starting with this Stacker case (but I need another one, since I am going to keep using this system).

Was I the only one that found that article extremely comedic?

Every time the R600 got behind, they blamed it on the drivers not being optimised or something to that effect.

I like both companies offerings, but this review is clearly too biased for my tastes. (not to mention their sketchy Web server)

Well not really both products are new from the ground up and both will no doubt have driver issues that will have different effects on different games and the same with newer Mobo, things seem to be moving faster and faster in the hardware world right now and they seem to bring out new products before new drivers for the previous Mobo!

ZOMG, TIS CARD IS TEH L33TSAWZ. Seriusly tho, the G80 was released 2 months ago, the r600 probly wont be out till another month or more i bet. While i spent $400 on my 8800GTS, you guys can wait for your $650 r600 and get that 26fps over my 19.5 in oblivion...

Gimme a break. The card is awsome but the performance gain from it over an 8800GTX isnt really that much. Besides there using 4xAA 16xAF, where the is the 16xAA 16xAF ???

I agree that we should wait until there are more reviews out there. If things are really better and ATI/AMD supplies HG and Rgone with some cards, then maybe we will get some brutal observations. I am very interested in how this new ATI R600 will pair up the ICFX motherboard. I wonder if there will be a performance increase over the platform the reviewer tested it on.

Jason

Guest DaddyD302

You guys do know that alot of people are doubting that site? Until a legit site or more review comes out, I doubt that site's claims.

Dont care about the &*%# measuring contest between Nvidea and ATI....Personally my bets are on AMD/ATI now thats a good unification!

Yeah, the irony on that is this: you need Intel chipset for AMD to work :rolleyes:

There is a new chipset from nVidia for Intel, the 680i or something, and it is a great chip as far as I know... minus some sata problems hehe. Problem about it is how it only supports SLI.

To run two of these "future" "AMD" cards you will need the Intel chipset... because the 975X supports Crossfire. All would be bad because the 975X is now old if it wasn't for ABIT and their new motherboard: it performs a lot faster than the ASUS (grr, I hate Asus hehe) and probably overclocks as good as the new nVidia 680... so perhaps if someone like this crazy person I know wants to run Crossfire with these R600 GPU's, then the motherboard to use would be the ABIT... :tooth:

I really don't like the idea of trying anything other than DFI for gaming or overclocking... but I know Abit and its a good brand more or less, their support forum exists!, something Asus can't claim... might be a step back, but indeed would be a step back in the "right" direction.

Two of the people who are behind this article are directly connected to ATI so the article is obviously biased. And those 8800 3dmark scores look a tad low don't they?

Remember the scores were made with stock system settings... and from what I remember they were at higher than the default 1280 x 1024 resolutions, so the results HAD to be lower.

Lets wait for Anandtech or Guru3D or any other respectable site to review the card (not mentioning good old Tom btw, LOL). But if memory doesn't fail the 8800 cards were reviewed by the SAME site 4+ months ago and they showed identical HYPEISH results... and they were correct in the end. It wouldn't suprise me if the card beat the 8800 ones as bad as it showed in that "biased" site... its the circle of life guys :)