Sign in to follow this  
Quentj

Which heatsink ?

I can't install the si-97, my extract fan can't be outside...

I found another, the Gigabyte G-Power Pro. Can it pass ?

I installed a thermaltake sonic tower. It comes very close to one of the caps near the cpu but dropped my temps by about 5C, which is good for not having a fan on the heatsink. It is very big but, the nice thing about it is that it will work with any socket on the market right now so if you upgrade later on you can use the same heatsink :)

It doesn't touch something on the motherboard or the tower ?

You have no fan ? Can it pass with a fan ?

I can't install the si-97, my extract fan can't be outside...
Why?

Hello

I search an heatsink for my barton but it's difficult with this motherboard and my little case (coolermaster centurion 5). I have test the SI97A but it's not compatible with my case (extraction fan).

To solve this; place the exhaust fan on the outside pulling the air out of the case and screw it to the case from the inside of the case.

The SI-7A is a kicken heat sink, I use it as well on my DFI nFII Ultra-B motherboard.

To solve this; place the exhaust fan on the outside pulling the air out of the case and screw it to the case from the inside of the case.

The SI-7A is a kicken heat sink, I use it as well on my DFI nFII Ultra-B motherboard.

I can't place the exhaust fan outside, the screw holes on the tower are recess.

It doesn't touch something on the motherboard or the tower ?

You have no fan ? Can it pass with a fan ?

One of the pipes comes very close to one of the big caps just below the cpu socket. I am running mine without a fan but, my powersupply does have an 120mm fan that is right above it venting to the outside. I would say if your case has decent air movement then you should be fine.

One of the pipes comes very close to one of the big caps just below the cpu socket. I am running mine without a fan but, my powersupply does have an 120mm fan that is right above it venting to the outside. I would say if your case has decent air movement then you should be fine.

Is it possible to mount a fan without touch something ?

(my power supply has an 92mm fan)

What's your distance between power supply and motherboard ? (that's generally the problem)

I am upgrading my current system, somewhat, almost a new system, since I am getting a new MB and CPU. LanParty Ultra B, and an unlocked 2600+ XP-M CPU

I have 1 important thing missing tho, a heatsink for the CPU.

Had been search info of which one does the best at air cooling.

So far, come across SP97 ( I know, not compatable with LanParty NF2 Ultra B, but can be used with some sort of plate adapter, from what I have read)

My problem is, where can I find one to buy?

Anyone know of a source where I can buy it from ?

Other really good preforming HS, I'll gladly look into and consider. Open for suggestions, and/or ideas.

Opt

From what I knwo the SP97 is compatible with the sp97..sp97 are hard to find..you may go to the si97 wich is good too..and with a low noise,low cfm fans are better than the sp97

noise isn't an issue I have. I can deal with that.

Mostly concerned for cooling performance then anything else.

I mostly use a headet as well, studio type headset, and the location of the computer blocks some of the sound, and can add sound absorbing material in the case.

Any links as to a review on the SI97 cooling performace ?

also where I might find one to purchase ?

Opt

I had a review with both but now I can't find it...have you heard a tornado 92mm?even closed headphones you will hear it loud...don't think the performance of the sp97 will be less than 2/3ªC and that with the tornado on the max..me with an si97 and the tornado on the min had 41ªC on full load (4instances of prime) 45ªC with a nosieblocker se2...I don't know where you can get those cooler because I don't live near u,but SP97 will be hard to find...the si97 are still made..

I don't think you can get a SP97 new anywhere in US, you can still find them in forums like this one, just an example it's long gone, but one just sold recently as well at PcPer.

Ebay is always a possibility as well, be advised you'll need a Neo backplate to mount one on the DFI.

Saying a SI-97 is as good as or better than a SP97 is tatamount to blasphemy to many users who have had both:eek2: ,I believe a SI-97 is very good, still have one and have ran up to 1.95 vcore w/acceptable temps under load.

Other used options are,

TR SLK-947u/still need a Neo backplate

TR SLK-900u/still need a Neo backplate

TR SLK-900 clip on

is there a recommendation for a cpu cooler that is 80mm or smaller....because of case space....or is it a lost cause to find something in that size that can handle the heat