How's my system doing?

TheWizzard

Hey All,

Everyone had a nice Christmas? I did...

And for later this day, I'd like to say to all of you, I wish all of you a very happy New Year, with all the love, luck and heavy overclocking goals you can have.

Well, having said that I'd like to focus on my system. It's taken me a long time to get to this point. What I'd like to know is if the settings I configured are any good or are there any tips/tricks/recommendations that you can give me to try to optimize it a lil.

My current settings are in my sig and its running 'kinda stable'.

My mem settings are as following:

Dram Frequency Set 200mhz

Command Per Clock Enable

Cas Latency Control 3

tRCD 4

tRAS 8 (based on TRAS=CAS+TRCD+2, but I put it to 11 to be sure), right now it's back to 8.

tRP 4

tRC 14 (based on TRC=TRAS+TRP)

tRFC 16 (bases on TRC + 2 or 3 or 4)

tRRD 3

tWR 3

tWTR 2

tRTW 3 (between 2-4)

tREF=3072 (3.9us=200mhz, not sure what this one should be set to)

Odd divisor correct disabled

Dram Bank Interleave enabled

DQS Skew Control Auto

DQS Skew Value 0

Dram Drive Strength Level 8

Dram Data Drive Strength Level 2

Max. Async Latency 8ns

Read Preamble Time 6ns

Idle Cycle Limit 64 cycles

Dynamic Counter disabled

R/W Queue Bypass 16x

Bypass Max 5x

32 Byte Granulation disabled.

FSB 295mhz (in 1:1 sync with mem, no divider used).

LDT/FSB Frequency ratio 3x

CPU/FSB Frequency ratio 9x

CPU startup vid 1,400v

CPU Vid control 1,400v

CPU Special vid control +109% (comes to 1,52-1,54v)

LDT Volt. control 1,40v

Chipset volt. control 1,65v

Dram volt. control 2,87v

I'm using merlin's 04-11-2006 bios. I'm very curious about the improvements you guys have for me. Any tips, tricks etc. are welcome.

Temps are as in my sig.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

PS! By the way, i think the forum looks great the way it does right now. Nice colours and cool picture headers. Great work admins!

PPS! If totally forgot to mention the most important fact! It was due to the help of my fellow dfi-street members that i got upto this point with my settings. You're all super!

Hi TheWizzard, long time no see on the Street.

A couple of things that could be worth changing and see if you can get higher/more stable:

1:tRC to 7

2:tRFC to 14

3: Dram Data Drive Strength to 7, 8 is "Normal strength" and TCCD prefers "Weak"

4:Max async to 9ns

5:Read Preamble to 5ns

Also if you have got ram set to "Normal" instead of "Fast", enable "Dynamic Counter"

tRC in particular if set too low seems to cause reboots with both sets of 4800's TCCD that ive got. Having run both sets at different times over the months, 7 is the most stable. tRFC dos'nt need to be droped below 14 untill you are over 300fsb and even that is'nt allways the case. Opening up MAL and RP to 9 and 5 will allow you to clock higher if your cpu will allow it. I've found that at high fsb it's best to have the ram set to fast or Dynamic counter enabled, but not both at the same time.

Aah okay. Indeed. My pc seems reasonable stable but sometimes it suddenly reboots. Maybe that's indeed because of the high trc? I'll try your settings to see if that cures it.

And what is better? Setting the ram to fast and disable dynamic counter or setting the ram to normal and enable dynamic counter? Or is it the same?

And what is better? Setting the ram to fast and disable dynamic counter or setting the ram to normal and enable dynamic counter? Or is it the same?

In my own case i allways run with dynamic counter enabled and ram set to normal, it's just rock solid like that for me. It's not the same, from what i've read on the net, the fast, normal, fastest setting was put in for cheap generic ram and really has no benefit for us. But it does cause instability at high fsb with both on. With cheap ram and all the other settings on auto, the fast, fastest setting allows noobs to get a bit more performance. We don't need that because we have allready set everything else.

Okay, great. Thanks for your explanation. I'll try it. I'm still at work.....till 22:00. Bommer. But hell, I almost got the fastest internet connection from europe over here, so there are dvd images waiting for me te be downloaded. I'll fill my time, haha.

Thanks again.