Free Quake III Arena license!!!

likewhoa

OpenArena is an open-source content package for Quake III Arena licensed under the GPL, effectively creating a free stand-alone game. You do not need Quake III Arena to play this game.

Available in both Windows, MAC OSX and GNU Linux

Click here for info?

LOL...

Well to be honest I thought Q3 Arena was long gone... I am suprised people are still playing it online.

I guess when you are hooked into a game its hard to move on... I knew someone like that who played Q3A ages ago, and he probably still do... ROLF! Or this other person who is doing the same with BF2142: 80+ hours played in little more than 2 and a half months, Jesus!!! :rolleyes:

Some people definitevely need to get a life... outside computers smiles-smilesemotixdgif6zz.gif

LOL...

Well to be honest I thought Q3 Arena was long gone... I am suprised people are still playing it online.

I guess when you are hooked into a game its hard to move on... I knew someone like that who played Q3A ages ago, and he probably still do... ROLF! Or this other person who is doing the same with BF2142: 80+ hours played in little more than 2 and a half months, Jesus!!! :rolleyes:

Some people definitevely need to get a life... outside computers smiles-smilesemotixdgif6zz.gif

Agree! I love to game as well but you know, family, job etc. 80 hours in 2 moths! Its not happening! :)

Check out urbanterror.net mod for Q3. :D

Hmm, good point... Q3A is one of those games which has a gzillion mods, also a ton of games were based on the Q3A engine. At least that made the game unique... but that was ages ago, and I mean ages ages ago: game was old and obsolete 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Agree! I love to game as well but you know, family, job etc. 80 hours in 2 moths! Its not happening! :)

According to http://battlefield.ea.com, I have played BF2142 the incredible amount of time of 8 hours and 35 minutes!!!! I pre-ordered the game, so I have been playing it since the second it was available... and still I have played only little more than 8 hours. I just played nearly 2 hours today, so take away that and you could see how much I play games lately... :rolleyes:

Between work, all the responsability of keeping things my dad left organized and taking care of his will... and lots things more, I haven't been able to play as much as I should have... but something else that happened two months ago made me hate the game as well. Maybe in time I will shake this bad feeling and will start playing regularly again, if time permits of course... today's session was fun, got 3:1 kill ratio and lots of teamwork points :P

But 4 days 8 hours, and just in little more than two months... yikes!!! This person has to be mentally ill or something :sweat:

At least this person's score is more or less equal to how much time was wasted... not that its important, unless they give you better interest at the Bank or easier stock market value... if that was the case then I would be the one wasting time!!!! :sweat:

OpenArena is an open-source content package for Quake III Arena licensed under the GPL, effectively creating a free stand-alone game. You do not need Quake III Arena to play this game.

Available in both Windows, MAC OSX and GNU Linux

Click here for info?

Fun game, excellent find.

I wonder what frame rate a new C2D + 8800GTX would get uncapped.. 800 fps maybe? Prolly get a seizure, good times :tooth:

Ugly

Urban Terror = the smoothest shooting guns I have EVER played with in an FPS.

God I love Urban Terror.

and it has bots so you can play over the LAN with friends/gf/wife and it won't just be two or three of you in a boring DM. (we like to set 20 bots vs 3 humans and play CTF lol)

Urban Terror was supposed to be moving to the free RTCW engine, but nothing has happened that I am aware of yet. Those guys have lives and probably gave up the dream.

but...someone should help me make a hockey simulation game and a fun bowling game with this free game engine ;)

that's where "Angry Games" comes from...we used to make a mod for Unreal Tournament called Strike-Force, but a few of us left to go make a cool bowling game.

Tim Sweeney from Epic wrote to us in an email telling us a long time ago that consoles is where the money was at so any game we made, and our bowling game was a great idea, should be written for consoles first with a good port for PC's...

That's some cool history, right there. We all coulda known the name angry_games from the default (from the game studio) high score in a bowling game. That woulda been pretty cool. I always wanted my name to be one of those default high scores.

But, for the other comments, 80 hours in 2 months isn't that hard to accomplish. About 60 days in 2 months, so that's an hour every day, with 20 days being 2 hours instead of one. You don't have to be mentally ill to do that... just gotta like something enough to give it some attention. Alot of people call computer enthusiasts mentally ill (or worse), because instead of spending 10 minutes in Wal Mart choosing a PC that runs as soon as you turn it on, we pick, choose and carefully select our components, and spend weeks fine tuning. We all have something we like alot more than what we probably should.