Sign in to follow this  
edjahman

corsair nautilus 500 vs. danger den

Those thems are too high for the corsair.

You can clean it out now- white vinigar is fine you can run it in the system after draining the stock fluid. Make sure you clean it out well after flushing with vinigar. You will need a anti corosive like Zirex and distilled water, fluid XP, anti freeze and water etc. Make sure there are no kinks in the line when you replace it and reseat the heat sink- though I would just take the whole system out and flush in the sink. It doesnt take much to clog up the system I do a very through cleaning of the Rad now before using a new one.

Radiators are disgusting, inside and out.

The inside of mine is what had most of the crap from the loop, but the outside was equally disgusting as well. I turned all three fans up high, and I saw little particles flying out from it.. swiftech rads may work well, but they're nasty as hell.

Guest erico

Interesting... My Nautilus keeps my (daily overclock 2.6 GHZ @1.4 v) RIG at really reasonable temps of 24-25C on each CPU.. Really sounds like you put too much ceramique on your CPU.. should not be more than a bit more than a grain of rice..that is indeed what the Arctic Silver site says and it works well for most of us..

I would not run my CPU at the high temps you have on a daily basis unless I just didn't care if I dramatically shortened it's life.

Hey it is your system and your $$$...your choice

:)

CPUs prefer high temperatures. Their life consists of repetitive menial tasks, so shortening it is always in their best interest.

Call me crazy, but have you tested the system on air cooling, before the nautilus? This could help us find the problem.

If you get 55c on the nautilus and 65 on the air cooling, either the IHS on the CPU is at fault, or your application of the TIM is wrong. If you get 50c on air cooling and 55c on the nautilus, then there's something wrong with either a) the flow B) the waterblock.

Guest erico
CPUs prefer high temperatures. Their life consists of repetitive menial tasks, so shortening it is always in their best interest.

Thasp: what you said is a contradiction. :confused:

Sorry , but it does not make any sense to me at all. Warm temps are fine but his are probably edging towards his max case T which is probably around 65 C or so. Most of us are concerned about it. Please be more careful what you write.

Thasp: what you said is a contradiction. :confused:

Sorry , but it does not make any sense to me at all. Warm temps are fine but his are probably edging towards his max case T which is probably around 65 C or so. Most of us are concerned about it. Please be more careful what you write.

He is joking. And admitted the shorter life of the chip.

The first part of my post was my bad sense of humor... the second part is advice that will help us diagnose your issue. I'll restate, for clarity.

Call me crazy, but have you tested the system on air cooling, before the nautilus? This could help us find the problem.

If you get 55c on the nautilus and 65 on the air cooling, either the IHS on the CPU is at fault, or your application of the TIM is wrong. If you get 50c on air cooling and 55c on the nautilus, then there's something wrong with either a) the flow B) the waterblock.

Use any air cooling and get back to us, with the model of the heatsink, and the approximate speed/size of the fan in it, and orthos CPU stress test temps.

Guest erico

Thasp: I was a bit slow and didn't catch your tongue-in-cheek (Brit) humor...

My Nautilus has cooled the heck out of my X2 just as it did with it's AMD64 3500+ predecessor

Sign in to follow this