Sign in to follow this  
disturbed6dws

4 x 512MB ... windows sees only 1GB

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=57 Shows how to use Thiaphoon to flash an SPD...but it is not for those that are not paying attention step by step since you make an error in flashing...well uh oh...sorry. Techpowerup web site has the 'wizards' new SPD flashing tool and I hear not experience it as being maybe easier to use...I have probably used thaiphoon over 50 times myself without a problem...but you never know.

RGone...:confused:

...I honestly do not want to touch the 2 2 2 5 ram...Do you think that I could change SPD timings of the 2.5 3 3 8 ram to 2.5 3 3 6 (but at a lower speed than what it is rated)......I have tested it at that speed and it is stable - so, is it safe to make an assumption I can change the SPD of that ram

You need to change the SPD of the faster stick to match the slower one.

faster, mhz wise or timing wise......

one is

2 2 2 5 @ 200 mhz (currently running 2.5 3 3 6 @ 248mhz)

or

2.5 3 3 8 @ 266mhz (i want to drop this one to 2.5 3 3 6 @ 248 as well)

....sorry for repeated questions, i just want to get this right

You need to find out what the timings are rated at for both sticks at the same speed. You have to have a common denominator to be working from.

What will probably need to be done is the 2-2-2-5 changed to match the other stick. If the 2.5-3-3-8/266 was capably of running at the specs of the other stick it most likely would have been sold as that.

You need to find out what the timings are rated at for both sticks at the same speed. You have to have a common denominator to be working from.

What will probably need to be done is the 2-2-2-5 changed to match the other stick. If the 2.5-3-3-8/266 was capably of running at the specs of the other stick it most likely would have been sold as that.

the 2.5 3 3 8 @ 266mhz - i ran without any probs @ 2.5 3 3 6 at 248mhz

What you need to do is lower them down to 3200 speeds and see if that works! Then and only then can you slowly go up to find your limit for the four sticks together! They will probably max out around 233, or close.